sugar cost and when to buy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to bore everyone by reviving a dormant thread but my bees are starving and though I've given them some fondant but I'm looking to feed them with syrup in and use the unexpected dearth as an opportunity to draw new comb earlier than usual. I'm wondering if anyone knows where's cheapest for sugar atm? I'm not a company nor BFA member, but I do have 70 odd colonies to feed at least, thanks!

Sorry to bore everyone by reviving a dormant thread but my bees are starving and though I've given them some fondant but I'm looking to feed them with syrup in and use the unexpected dearth as an opportunity to draw new comb earlier than usual. I'm wondering if anyone knows where's cheapest for sugar atm? I'm not a company nor BFA member, but I do have 70 odd colonies to feed at least, thanks!
Isn’t the dearth pretty much over now (genuine question from a much less experienced beekeeper)?

Isn’t the dearth pretty much over now (genuine question from a much less experienced beekeeper)?
Allegedly it's meant to be improving, but they've been saying that all year and it's remained dreadful. The staccato of sun and showers and hot and cold is the very worst thing for the bees at his time of year as the queen is meant to be at her most fecund - I'm giving up chancing The Fates and moving on with comb replacement etc earlier than I ordinarily would, with an eye firmly on the heather.

The dearth may be over but you will still need to feed at some point. In early September feed syrup until they won't take down any more (as a rule of thumb). So if you see sugar cheap - buy it, it won't go wrong.

Mmm. have you confirmed the free delivery?
I too found this vendor, but this under deliveries

Delivery charges calculated based on the order value, weight and location. Order weight more than 20kg need to pay additional charge based on additional weight.

UK Mainland & Wales​

• Orders < £60.00 = £4.99up to 20KGS, +0.49P per kg thereafter.
  • Orders > £60.00 = FREE UPTO 20KGS, +0.49P per kg thereafter.

Delivery charges calculated based on the order value, weight and location. Order weight more than 20kg need to pay additional charge based on additional weight.

UK Mainland & Wales​

I came across this website but I do not think they are active, I was unable to pay for the order and the lines were switched off so it is either a dodgy website or they just don't update the online stock. £18 per 25kg with free delivery is really cheap

I came across this website but I do not think they are active, I was unable to pay for the order and the lines were switched off so it is either a dodgy website or they just don't update the online stock. £18 per 25kg with free delivery is really cheap
If it looks too good to be true ... it probably is !

UK Mainland & Wales​

Nope, just came across it whilst I was looking at prices, spurred on by this thread.

I've not ordered from, ever.

Latest posts

Back