Strike ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So was I Pete I was in the middle of a mining community, just having lost my father at fifteen years old with most of my older relatives with their lungs in bits trying to keep me in one piece I didn't agree with what the NUM was doing neither did I like what thatcher did but whatever - it was a nasty old business, I would not like a repeat of it.
Why all of a sudden has this thread become an onslaught on teachers - it affects a lot more people than that (the amblumance - keep the misspelling going - people and others who help keep this country going) I don't deserve special treatment but having knackered my body over the last twenty odd years working for a goal i was promised at least i expect fair play, yes we are in this together and I don't expect everything I was promised but i don't expect to be SH**t upon either
God i hate the daily mail!!

I'm totally with you on this one, its the people with the spanners in hand that brings the wealth to the country regardless of their colour or creed in the form of taxes.

We have people in the mining arena in our family, some taken from use earlier than normal, what has happened to us is quite simple, our labour and oir ideas have been farmed out.

Maggie actually said, if anyone can remember back, why bother about the British honey bees, we can get honey cheaper from overseas.

The video I pointed one towards has most of the answers and a good pointer towards how" we" like the bee are being farmed for our pleasure, a pleasure that is still far too cheap. considering how much energy goes into the end product.

Honey has the highest energy content of any food, akin to oil which also has a massive energy advantage, where a single barrel of crude holds the same energy that 12 grown adults, who would have to work a whole 12 months to equal the 42 gallons it holds.

And like the bee with its parasite, humans are the most valuble commodity upon planet earth working harder than your average bear, mostly for nothing, and being asked to steal anothers fortune and working anothers gain.

There is another poem worth reading, its called.

The man in the mirror.

Bees all of us, are no longer supporting our local makers and growers of things, we follow a singular leader like the queen but walk constantly upon childerick, where the bees support all theirs unreservedly without question.

Kissinger said control the food, Control the egg layers.

Last edited:
Negotiation requires two sides to create dialogue. The government has not produced the valuation for the teachers' scheme, yet it expects the union to continue to negotiate. And remember, this is one of the schemes that agreed to change already. I wonder if perhaps things don't look as bad as the government would like us to believe?

So was I Pete I was in the middle of a mining community, just having lost my father at fifteen years old with most of my older relatives with their lungs in bits trying to keep me in one piece I didn't agree with what the NUM was doing neither did I like what thatcher did but whatever - it was a nasty old business, I would not like a repeat of it.
Why all of a sudden has this thread become an onslaught on teachers - it affects a lot more people than that (the amblumance - keep the misspelling going - people and others who help keep this country going) I don't deserve special treatment but having knackered my body over the last twenty odd years working for a goal i was promised at least i expect fair play, yes we are in this together and I don't expect everything I was promised but i don't expect to be SH**t upon either
God i hate the daily mail!!

Like the bees or the teachers of them, we are also keen gatherers of pollen who are being funnelled by black and white paper flowers which contain no nectar, no pollen and yesterdays news.

There is goodness elsewhere but we follow a sellection of writers and pipers who are mostly belonging to the same hive, thing is its not our own honey we eat.

RoseCottage, you are quite wrong. It is a contractual right. It is in their contract of employment. That is a right. Just as it is for the police, MPs and even bankers.

Many contracts are soon to be like the money they are all chasing, not worth the paper they are not printed on, real commodities like honey are worth far more than money.

Sad to say, it seems pretty clear to me that 2010 was the last of the golden years. HM Government are short of cash after bailing out the banks, helping to prop up Ireland and the Euro, fighting two wars etc. As usual, it seems that the working man and the lowest paid members of society are expected to contribute the most towards making up the shortfall. The fact that the government also seeks to short change its own public sector pensioners by the RPI/CPI swindle is a low blow. this will also apply to all state benefits. I see that the government's other pensioners, state pensioners, will also have their pension increased by CPI from next year, but at least that has the 'triple lock' guarantee (for now....).

I repeat, this government is keen to cloud the issue by setting the private sector against the gold-plated public sector and despite all the talk about strike action being taken before proper negotiations are complete, this government enacted the RPI to CPI change last June without negotiation, consultation, or mention in their manifesto or election campaign.

We now seem to have a generation or two that had been raised during the good times when there has been no need for them to know how to change a fuse, unblock a sink, service a car or grow potatoes. No value was put on these skills in these decadent times. In fact, getting your hands dirty in this way and understanding technical matters has been discouraged -do you remember the 1980's John Smith's advert with Jack Dee? "Have you ever wondered how the widget in a can of John Smith's works? -Then you're very sad.." This generation are good consumers, but poor fixers.

Then there is the myth of full employment. Back in the 70's some bright folks realised that with the coming of computers and robotics, more things could be manufactured more cheaply, big profits could be made, but many fewer workers would be needed. Other bright folks realised that the problem would be finding a new way to distribute this new wealth within society, who should now have more leisure time...
This never happened. The massive profits continue to go to a few shareholders, and new manufacture generates few new jobs. There will never be full employment outside of the 'service industries' and telesales...

It is the expectation of company shareholders that profits are maintained or increased each year. It seems to me that this one fact drives prices and inflation ever higher.

There are strong arguments showing that we can no longer afford our throw away society. Whilst I Respect schoolteachers and what they do, many seem to lack practical skills and even knowledge of the real world outside of teaching. -Probably a result of going straight from school to university to school teaching themselves. They are not the best ones to instruct on how to make do and mend.

Sorry, I'm rambling on here. Not having a good day, actually... Bottom line is this country is broke, and it's got to be fixed some way. But the government is seeking to fix it by underhand means which unfairly target the sectors of society who are east able to defend themselves and who are farthest away from those who caused the financial mess in the first place.

At least bees know how to treat drones. Eventually..

Sad to say, it seems pretty clear to me that 2010 was the last of the golden years. HM Government are short of cash after bailing out the banks, helping to prop up Ireland and the Euro, fighting two wars etc. As usual, it seems that the working man and the lowest paid members of society are expected to contribute the most towards making up the shortfall. The fact that the government also seeks to short change its own public sector pensioners by the RPI/CPI swindle is a low blow. this will also apply to all state benefits. I see that the government's other pensioners, state pensioners, will also have their pension increased by CPI from next year, but at least that has the 'triple lock' guarantee (for now....).

I repeat, this government is keen to cloud the issue by setting the private sector against the gold-plated public sector and despite all the talk about strike action being taken before proper negotiations are complete, this government enacted the RPI to CPI change last June without negotiation, consultation, or mention in their manifesto or election campaign.

We now seem to have a generation or two that had been raised during the good times when there has been no need for them to know how to change a fuse, unblock a sink, service a car or grow potatoes. No value was put on these skills in these decadent times. In fact, getting your hands dirty in this way and understanding technical matters has been discouraged -do you remember the 1980's John Smith's advert with Jack Dee? "Have you ever wondered how the widget in a can of John Smith's works? -Then you're very sad.." This generation are good consumers, but poor fixers.

Then there is the myth of full employment. Back in the 70's some bright folks realised that with the coming of computers and robotics, more things could be manufactured more cheaply, big profits could be made, but many fewer workers would be needed. Other bright folks realised that the problem would be finding a new way to distribute this new wealth within society, who should now have more leisure time...
This never happened. The massive profits continue to go to a few shareholders, and new manufacture generates few new jobs. There will never be full employment outside of the 'service industries' and telesales...

It is the expectation of company shareholders that profits are maintained or increased each year. It seems to me that this one fact drives prices and inflation ever higher.

There are strong arguments showing that we can no longer afford our throw away society. Whilst I Respect schoolteachers and what they do, many seem to lack practical skills and even knowledge of the real world outside of teaching. -Probably a result of going straight from school to university to school teaching themselves. They are not the best ones to instruct on how to make do and mend.

Sorry, I'm rambling on here. Not having a good day, actually... Bottom line is this country is broke, and it's got to be fixed some way. But the government is seeking to fix it by underhand means which unfairly target the sectors of society who are east able to defend themselves and who are farthest away from those who caused the financial mess in the first place.

A pretty accurate statement and a fact that we are in hock to pelf through debt and that debt was pulled from under the populous for a reason in 2007, Japan went into recession in 1989 and are still there today, the pattern is world wide and isn't going away until the security via cheapness of late ceilings in Asian eyes.

Something could be done immediately, the COTE could if he wanted tomorrow fire up the printing presses and print our own currency and make/give loans at zero percent interest as does the ever so bad Colonel G in Libya for the moment.

The last head keeper who tried this found out he wasn't allowed to do that on a sunny November morning on Elm Street.

Of course this will never happen because the square mile in our capital is a city within a city and its share holders are protected by an act of parliament to who they really are, it was brought into effect in 1974 and still stands.

The bees in general are totally unaware what is going to happen later on this year in Libya, once the swarm move in the presses might indeed fire up and cause hyper inflation upon those least prepared as you said earlier.

If the wprker bees could be allowed to think further than the 40 days or so our honey makers do, we might be able to make a few correct choices for a change.

The gatherers and watchers of old amongst us can only make hay and honey when the sun shines, those who are now waking up to what is going on might want to gather information from an alternative black and white and red all over, our MSM is defunct and guided by their owners who deposit everything within their own Albert square called home.

We really would be in trouble if the system was working properly as does nature when she gets a fighting chance, and remember the verroa creating part of the problem never takes a day off, it needs feeding and burrows between our selfishness unseen and funnelling our unborn and we fund the rest through our own hand to eye coordinations on the ridiculous.

Sorry to buz bee like, but its all been done before yet we forget.

Towards the end of your minuites here you mention that the country is broke and something has to or needs to be done to fix it, here is how I think they are going to do it.

If you look how much electronic money is being used today and how much physical money is left in circulation you can see a pattern emmerging, its around 90% electronic batton as I call it already.

Then take the worlds reserve currency the $ is worth around 4 cents and the paper its printed on, you need look no further as to what could happen if this paper trail runs out of control instigating its own hedge bets out.

A collapse ofthe Petro-Dollar will have a devestating effects if it goes down, all other paper fiats will implode immediately leaving only one route out, "Electronic".

This will also aid the 2000 plus different language barriers found in many African countries that has hampered progressed theft in the past in getting at the still untapped and astronomical riches that still lay there within the worlds richest mineral reserves,,,,, Electronic will be the numbers they have been trying for.... for hundreds of years, Livingstone was the man sent to find those riches by the richest families today I presume.

And the ironic thing is, If we go cashless we can still call it the Euro or the pound it won't matter.

The recent happenings in North Africa is I think the gateway to what I say could happen, in Sep or Oct of this year I believe an action on foot will be brought and the move to a cashless society/planet will merge with this action and the rest will be history.

Latest posts

Back