Simon The Beekeeper flash sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone had much problem with recent orders from Simon the Beekeeper?

We placed an order for 6 different items and when it arrived there were problems with 4. Wrong tool sent, wrong clothing sent.

Most concerning was the Api Life Var having an expiry date of this month so useless. Previous orders have had a life of around 18 months.

We also ordered some Swienty plastic crown board/covers and expected them to have a protective film as other boards we've had and as shown on their site - but the ones sent have no covering on and are scratched. Does anyone know if Swienty have stopped covering their plastic cover boards with film?

We've obviously contacted them but can't say we're impressed by their replies. Although the items were couriered to us they expect us to post the wrong items back which isn't easy as we don't live near a PO.

Apparently the Api Life Var problem was down to a move - so if you've ordered anything recently check your dates.

Their service is usually pretty good. I just received my order placed on World Bee Day (ie Thursday) and all seems fine. I did place a large order with STB in February and when it came it was the wrong order - I got someone else's stuff - but I realised in time and rejected it so the driver loaded it back on his truck.

Their service is usually pretty good. I just received my order placed on World Bee Day (ie Thursday) and all seems fine. I did place a large order with STB in February and when it came it was the wrong order - I got someone else's stuff - but I realised in time and rejected it so the driver loaded it back on his truck.
I had a similar problem with STB. I ordered 220 sheets of shallow wired wax and received 220 sheets of unwired deep wax!
When I complained they sent the replacement within a couple of days but asked me to rewrap the wax and take it to a main post office for return. By the time I'd wrapped it into smaller parcels, driven the 6 miles return trip to the post office and queued up to post it all I worked out it had cost me the best part of £70 in time materials and fuel. All I got in return was a rather reluctant thank you.
Most other suppliers that make a cock up like that would send a courier to pick it up or say don't return it. I was not impressed!

In the past, SBK always been quick with delivery, and everything as ordered.
Last few orders have been damaged (before transit) or missing bits, and they have replaced. Ordered on world bee day. Parcel force delivered and I signed for it. Amazing really as no one at home and the signature is definately not mine. It's not with any neighbours, so?
STB are looking into it.

In the past, SBK always been quick with delivery, and everything as ordered.
Last few orders have been damaged (before transit) or missing bits, and they have replaced. Ordered on world bee day. Parcel force delivered and I signed for it. Amazing really as no one at home and the signature is definately not mine. It's not with any neighbours, so?
STB are looking into it.
Parcel Force haven't been collecting signatures due to Coronavirus risk for months now. The signature "could" be the drivers.

A lot of the couriers self sign, if doing so they usually take a pic of the house or front door as well.
Enquire with any neighbours in case they drooped it off at the wrong number.

If it was delivered could the parcel have been nicked ?

A lot of the couriers self sign, if doing so they usually take a pic of the house or front door as well.
Enquire with any neighbours in case they drooped it off at the wrong number.

If it was delivered could the parcel have been nicked ?
But normally they don't sign, just take a picture.
I've asked STB to check for photo of delivery.
It's not with neighbours.
STB are going to update me today.....

I have received emails/texts before now saying your parcel has arrived and been delivered/ signed for. Then the actual delivery arrives later that day or even a day or two after.

I have an update.....
Parcel force have asked me today and I said I have received them....
Small problem is I am not at home and they didn't.
That's the easy bit. My boy is at home and he said we got parcels the other day...but they were Amazon.
Not looking good

I've had a bee jacket from them, hood zip was broken and they said it was out of their eBay returns policy but sent a replacement anyway. Ordered a couple of capping forks which they substituted with different (cheaper) ones then refused a refund till I took it to the eBay or PayPal resolution centre.. It's pretty much the same quality and problems I'd expect buying from Aliexpress.

Generally have had really good experiences from them. Shipping is usually very quick. Occasionally something missing (have had parts of frames missing in the past a few times- think this is more likely from packaging at their presumably Chinese manufacturer) but they tend to rectify incredibly quickly. Bit annoying that guest checkout gets tracking but if you have an account you don't.

Back