Should we expect an early swarm season this year

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxnatbees

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
warre
Number of Hives
O ancient shrivelled sages, illuminate us with your wisdom. Will this warm winter mean swarms begin appearing earlier than last year?

O ancient shrivelled sages, illuminate us with your wisdom. Will this warm winter mean swarms begin appearing earlier than last year?

Well last year spring was cold and wet.
And winter just now is cold (2C this am) and wet..

So give me a forecast for the UK by area for the next three months, ensure it's accurate and I'll reply.:icon_204-2:

Which means nothing in this country as its always wrong and as i have mentioned to you before the weather can be different only 12mile away.

Don't say that. You have had same weather in summer and in winter. Easy to forecast. 15C year around.

Time to get better bee stock.

Last spring I calculated, when do my hives got an idea to begin swarming. It was time when first new bees emerged, and they had allready laid queen cells. That was enough to me. Hives had quite few bees then, when I inspected them.

Too much feral Carniolan blood. Destroy the ferals!!!

You will all have to wait patiently for Noon on 2nd February,,,,

Tamar Tim will forecast the next 40 days and predict and early end to Winter and an early Spring... or should he not see his shadow predict another 40 days of Winter!

Tamar Tim always gets it right for the Tamar Valley... thegreatgreygreengreasyslimeyswolenrivertamarallsetaboutwithsecondhomes..that is!!

Groundhog day ... I can hardly wait!!

Yeghes da

Groundhog day ... I can hardly wait!!

Yeghes da

Let's stick to Candlemas - we have enough septic imports.

If Candlemas Day be fair and bright
Winter will have another fight.
If Candlemas Day brings cloud and rain,
Winter won't come again.

AND you need to look at the synoptik maps.. them icybars are the cold ones to look out for!

Yeghes da

Ha! remember having to draw me own synoptic charts using data gleaned from the 'actual' reports given out after the shipping forecast on't wireless set :D
Skipper seldom corroborated them so it was fairly easy to 'cook' them and get a lie in if a session in the chain locker could be organised!

Time to get better bee stock.

Too much feral Carniolan blood. Destroy the ferals!!!

I don't understand what you are saying: the Carniolans I have are the best bees I have ever had. You must have some ropey old bees there Finman

Latest posts

Back