Selling candles legally

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comprehensive information about the subject can be found in this document written by Trading Standards and the British Candle Makers Federation.

http://www.britishcandles.org/docum...Trading_Standards/candlesadvicepack(2020).pdf
There's also a section on 'organic' that might as well apply to those who wish to market their honey as
These regulations are specifically aimed at candles made from products that may contain hazardous products. There is an interesting paragraph or two in there:

"Suppliers’ duties for Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and CLP labelling only apply if a mixture has
hazardous properties (as defined in the CLP regulation) or where it contains certain
hazardous components above specified concentrations"

You are right of course; it seems to me that those 'greedy people' who created the society were, for the most part, elected by the people in society to run things for them.
Nope, those that are elected are not the ones suing McDonalds, or any other business, they are the regular Joe looking to make an easy buck.

Not every greedy person is a politician and not every politician is greedy. Too wide a brush you paint with.

If you're really that worried or bothered then don't fli[ppin do it simples.!!!!!

Most village fetes/shows have candle rolling/making for the kids and novelty candles are sold by the bag full and no idiotic over the top warnings are given. Its all tosh!!!

If you're really that worried or bothered then don't fli[ppin do it simples.!!!!!

Most village fetes/shows have candle rolling/making for the kids and novelty candles are sold by the bag full and no idiotic over the top warnings are given. Its all tosh!!!
I think I’ll stop filling my car or parking it within 20 ft of a building or other vehicle

My granddaughter recently asked me if EVERY other driver we encounter on the road is a moron. Maybe I shouldn't give a running commentary when I taxi her about.😎

I remember my Gran gave me the advise when I past my driving test to assume that every other driver on the road was a moron :)
It's stood me in good stead.

I remember my Gran gave me the advise when I past my driving test to assume that every other driver on the road was a moron :)
It's stood me in good stead.
My Grandfather taught me; it's far better for people to think you're a moron than open your mouth and confirm it!

Latest posts

Back