seed packet shuffling

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
talk about rubbing your nose in it , i have just popped round to see a friend of the family how is going to get the biggest slap going when i pop around next time.

he has a green house at home with electric inside it so he has HEATING!!!!!

can belive this guy he has tomatoe plants almost an inch high, mine are still in the packet!

not only that he has loads of over seedlings just popping through, it makes me pig sick with envey

I planted garlic and broad beans just before the Big Chill. I suspect they will not be appearing and I need to re-plant.

Don't bank on it, Rooftops. Did the same last year, myself, and those that had disappeared came back later.

Of course, I'd replanted, so had some very dense sections of beans.

Garlics in a week now and about a third have sprouted.

Update on my garlic and broad beans - as PSAF predicted, they are coming through now. It looks a bit patchy but digging down into the gaps I find shoots, so things look fine. Until the pidgeons find them of course.

I tried heating a greenhouse a few years ago but gave up after a few seasons. The insulation (bubble wrap) was a pain to put up and take down and it eventually went brittle in the UV and disintegrated. I now just go with the seasons.

I found bubble wrap just got wet and my overwintering fuschias succumbed to mould. This year there is no bubble wrap and a fan heater on frost setting has kept everything alive and dry.
I dream of having a Keder polytunnel big enough to put a deckchair in :)

Last edited:
when i win the lottery on friday i want not just a few poly tunnels but the wife would like an orchid green house and orangery

When I win the lottery, I shall attempt to emulate the PM of Italy....

Bella

Would that be shouting at TV presenters Pete, or something more likely to get you into the headlines? :party:

I'm a little ahead of the game in that case.
Already have cabbage, kale, peas, leaks and strawberrys, growing in the poly tunnels.

Brian

Get hit in the face with a small plaster model of Milan cathedral?

Lol.

Not quite the action I wished to emulate...:drool5:

Latest posts

Back