Seasons Greetings and what useful pressies did you get?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Takes less than a second to pop the cell so I highly doubt the honey has any chance of being caramelised unless you stood aiming it for a period of time by which time the comb will probably have melted anyway.
Each to their own...I found paint guns slow.
Steam knife is push, turn, push done.
Might not be the fastest possible, but best I've come across to date.
Any improvements or suggestions welcome...

Cappings are nowhere near as valuable as the honey it takes to rebuild the comb teared down with conventional methods and even if the cappings were worth the same by weight I'd still use the hot air gun as its much more convenient.

How much comb is 'teared down'? hardly any, and nowadays people are selling good cappings wax for over £12.00 a pound

More comb is "torn" down with the the conventional methods which the bees must replace. For your 1lb capping which you sell for £12 you must use ~8lb of honey to replace it, I'm not sure what a lb of honey sells for near you but if you took it at a lowly £5 a jar you're about £30 down.

When I buy foundations, and give 1 kg my own sieved wax,
I get foundations 3.50 €/kg.

No, in youtube video is the e-mail adress. I will order few for couple of us beeks. Since in Croatia middlemen are selling it for 20-30 euros, such ripp off get me growing horns on my forehead and I am glad to help friends. I will collect them in Serbia while I go there. :reddevil:

Ordered, next week I will collect them, when I return can put few pics of them how they look in close view. :coolgleamA:

Couple of beekeeping knives, had one last season and performed superbly, removing propolis easily, good angles, stainless steel, 3.1 USD per piece.

Attachments

• knife.jpg
    knife.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 39
Ordered, next week I will collect them, when I return can put few pics of them how they look in close view. :coolgleamA:

This one is now mine.. :coolgleamA:
Sad thing, I talked with guy who invented it.. Seems everyone went in to copy it since he didn't manage to patent it on time.. It didn't change my intention, in future if I will ever need more, I will buy his original.. Even some copies goes at disgraceful low price.. I believe the quality of copies is doubtful as same..

Attachments

• o1.jpg
    o1.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 34
  • o2.jpg
    o2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 30
  • o3.jpg
    o3.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Latest posts