Seasons Greetings and what useful pressies did you get?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got £40 Amazon vouchers that have already been spent on some more bee books that were recommended on here in posts that I had written down.
Also made a big honey roast ham with some of my honey... delish....

Then I'm treating myself to some bits in the bee supplier Christmas sales, but I'm not telling the wife.
I like it I'm the same a few new nuc boxes in check out!. I hope she doesn't through this at me.:rules:
To represent hen pecking.. :winner1st:

I had a sublimox. need to work out how to use it next week!

Do you have a website link ?

Looks pretty easy to use for a simple uncapping plane, more efficient then a knife.

Do you have a website link ?

Looks pretty easy to use for a simple uncapping plane, more efficient then a knife.

No, in youtube video is the e-mail adress. I will order few for couple of us beeks. Since in Croatia middlemen are selling it for 20-30 euros, such ripp off get me growing horns on my forehead and I am glad to help friends. I will collect them in Serbia while I go there. :reddevil:

What do You think about this one. I plan to buy one, intriguing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adM6B1UAGRw

Very slow....
With this baby I can uncap faster than I can type this sentence.

stol-do-odsklepiania-nakladkowy-z-nozem-parowym-wl-os-1000mm-768x768.jpg

You will still need an uncapping fork regardless. Bees don't do 100% straight combs.

You will still need an uncapping fork regardless. Bees don't do 100% straight combs.

Message me the link please to the uncapping fork with the good tines.. as you mention straight flat come is hit and miss..i used a sharp blade this year which was spot on till i hit comb from hell... i know you have posted it on here before but i am useless at finding things with the search facility..

Message me the link please to the uncapping fork with the good tines.. as you mention straight flat come is hit and miss..i used a sharp blade this year which was spot on till i hit comb from hell... i know you have posted it on here before but i am useless at finding things with the search facility..

Hot air gun. The state of the comb doesn't matter.

That's a matter of opinion. Heat guns don't always work, and cappings are valuable

Cappings are nowhere near as valuable as the honey it takes to rebuild the comb teared down with conventional methods and even if the cappings were worth the same by weight I'd still use the hot air gun as its much more convenient.

Cappings are nowhere near as valuable as the honey it takes to rebuild the comb teared down with conventional methods and even if the cappings were worth the same by weight I'd still use the hot air gun as its much more convenient.

If you like caramelised honey........easy to do, also it don't do wet capping ....so you still need an uncapping fork.
For what it's worth bees love making wax, they even have glands that excrete the stuff, be silly to not take advantage of it.

Steve link is https://bee-equipment.co.uk/product...wpTI5Noq24S_tfTw9isHzosPQzgUrRcsaAnVrEALw_wcB

Takes less than a second to pop the cell so I highly doubt the honey has any chance of being caramelised unless you stood aiming it for a period of time by which time the comb will probably have melted anyway.

As for making wax we obviously know they are capable but I see no evidence they "love" doing it and it's silly to make them use honey stores to make wax when damage can be minimised and the honey is the more valuable product.

Latest posts

Back