Sdm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And just as an aside, direct members of the BBKA (ie not members of local or county associations) have received no information about this. Although direct members have no influence on policy, they should have a right to know how the organisation is (mis)managed, and how it spends their money.

My view is that members are entitled to know everything, they can do that by requesting the information from their associations or direct from BBKA.

Whilst I agree that debate on here is good I am just concerned that it will go to far with many non members and knockers joining in.

The chairman of all the associations have a closed Google group and debate is happening there too.

The BBKA must learn from this and be better for it going forward

No I don't think this is the place for that, lots of non members and other public visit this forum. If you are a member your association will have all the info, about 130 pages of it.
The BBKA are working on a statement to issue and the minutes from the day will be out in due course.
This may end up in the law courts and discussion on here about the what and who isn't reallly appropriate, as I said members can get all the detail from their association.

Fair enough. Not so involved with my association mainly due to time commitments elsewhere.

Good luck with it.

Thanks for the information Danbee. Naturally can't comment on the situation without all information and obviously both sides of the argument.
Seems typical of 'committee' type procedure though if your 'allegations' of apparent manipulation and 'steerage' are true. Seems there is no such thing as true openness these days! Sad really.:(

The lack of transparency is the root of the problem - the BBKA Exec don't want the matter discussed or publicised, which is why they were so keen that the meeting would make the matter go away by suspending KB. I think at the bottom of it all, they just want a quiet and comfortable life without being queried or challenged as they spend the BBKA's £750,000 a year income.

You can have confidence that based upon the evidence presented to the meeting regarding the "investigation" and subsequent decision to suspend KB, the majority of the 58 delegates voted against the suspension. To say the Chairman and President looked shocked afterwards is an understatement.

The big question is "where next?". I understand that the Chairman and President - who have jointly presided over this snowballing mess and allowed a disagreement to turn into a disaster - both firmly intend to remain in post next year. Not only should they not be allowed to remain in place for the mis-management of this matter that resulted in the SDM, but I believe they have both shown significant bias and abuse of process in pursuing their preferred outcome, rather than a transparent and fair outcome.

I think the January ADM will be interesting, but stage-managed by the Exec to avoid unpleasant questions...

Last edited:
Can I just quote from DanBee on the official BBKA forum regarding this topic:-

This is not the appropriate place for discussion of this matter.

The BBKA forum is heavily moderated, but the trigger to discuss here was that (a) KB was being named and speculation was underway, and (b) since stating the above on the BBKA forum I have heard that the President and Chairman believe they have no reason not to continue in post next year.

Thanks for the information Danbee. Naturally can't comment on the situation without all information and obviously both sides of the argument.
Seems typical of 'committee' type procedure though if your 'allegations' of apparent manipulation and 'steerage' are true. Seems there is no such thing as true openness these days! Sad really.:(
:yeahthat: Been there myself.

The BBKA forum is heavily moderated …

I would also suggest that it would be understandable if anyone were to wonder if BBKA 'moderation' could be relied upon to be scrupulously impartial in any dispute involving the conduct of BBKA officers and the BBKA Executive Committee.

One thing for sure they are ripping their members off charging £15 for fondant when ours only charge members £8.50

No I don't think this is the place for that, lots of non members and other public visit this forum. If you are a member your association will have all the info, about 130 pages of it.
The BBKA are working on a statement to issue and the minutes from the day will be out in due course.
This may end up in the law courts and discussion on here about the what and who isn't reallly appropriate, as I said members can get all the detail from their association.

I am closing this thread.
Not due to censorship,more to cover our a*se as a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back