Sales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I noticed that Thorne’s had started their in-house sale and Payne’s have poly hives on sale online. Do these companies sell frames and wax in an online sale generally? I’m wondering whether to hold off ordering for a bit as I need some more brood frames.

I noticed that Thorne’s had started their in-house sale and Payne’s have poly hives on sale online. Do these companies sell frames and wax in an online sale generally? I’m wondering whether to hold off ordering for a bit as I need some more brood frames.

Maisemores have a sale on now with second quality frames on offer,Thornes usually start theirs after Christmas

Foundation is never in the sales sales, frames in packs of 50 go for around £27 in the sales.

What do people think about the 50 DN4 frames for £26 from Bee Equipment.

For 1st quality frames!

Never tried them before.

Any feedback before I pull the trigger?

For 1st quality frames!

Never tried them before.

I was going to order some to try - what's the postage like?

Not sure on postage.

I'm gonna order a couple of hundred and see what they say.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Not sure on postage.

I'm gonna order a couple of hundred and see what they say.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

It implies on their website that the free postage on orders over £100.00 doesn't apply to these special offers, I've decided to go for what I know and just popped another order to Maisies

Maiseies do not charge delivery on orders over £200.... just got in another 40 Nat Supers... now have to train SWMBO how to put them together... she is now a dab hand at waxing up and making frames... and selling honey!
As an extra special treat have ordered a "Beefarmers Wife" pinnie to wear at the foodie fairs!!!

Yeghes da

I use Maiseies frames and find them OK, only trouble is postage too the island cost a ton : (
It cost less for them to box up 2 pallets worth and post it per box... They really tried too, unbelievable postage charges here!

I use Maiseies frames and find them OK, only trouble is postage too the island cost a ton : (
It cost less for them to box up 2 pallets worth and post it per box... They really tried too, unbelievable postage charges here!

I know your pain; in the January sales I got them to deliver to an address on the mainland and then got them picked up a few days later.

As an extra special treat have ordered a "Beefarmers Wife" pinnie to wear at the foodie fairs!!!

Don't spoil her! :D

For 1st quality frames!

Never tried them before.

At the risk of shooting myself in the foot (I may want some more and the available frames are a limited stock offer)
I have just taken delivery of some DN4. They are great quality at a fantastic price I was charged about £7 postage for a box of 150. I have plenty of shallow frames and had I needed more would of ordered some shallow.
They are NOT included in any free delivery deals but well worth buying.
I also liked the fact they are in packs of ten.

Latest posts

Back