Roller Garage door.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just, replacing an up and over garage door with a roller one as part of honey room conversion. Any one any experience of how effective the insulation is on the double skinned aluminium ones?
Cheers

Just, replacing an up and over garage door with a roller one as part of honey room conversion. Any one any experience of how effective the insulation is on the double skinned aluminium ones?
Cheers
I have one, all I can say is that is is better than swing doors! They are insulated but not by much! They are a good tight fit all round though

I have a large insulated roller door and get some condensation on the inside in winter. The best features are that it is sealed to the floor by a pressure sensitive flexible strip and at both sides, slides down a draught proof channel. The top closes against the lintel when fully down and can be reasonably air tight too, if you need to. That said, a little draught would clear the condensation! What you will like is being able to fill your space right up to the door……which seems to happen by itself, however much you intended not to let it!

Just the fact that they are draught proof makes a major difference.
They are great in keeping bees out of your garage space.
Once closed they are bee proof (or mine is).

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like the seal alone is worth it even if not that insulated. Will probably stick with that rather than a solid steel roller which was the other option.

There are up and over roller type - they have jointed panels that can accept insulation. Not as secure as a roller shutter type, I think. Mine needs some new roller wheels after about 25 years, but is not in use at present.

Latest posts

Back