Replacement Veils

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mervyn

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
My veil is torn in numerous places - my wife can't repair it any more - the suit is still good so does anyone know where or if I can just get a replacement hood and veil?

Unless you know the manufacter, you are out of luck with finding a suitable replacement hood. I would think. If you know the manufacturer, ask them.

Any good material shop, market stall, even hardware shops may have someting suitable as veil material. I would think there is something, somewhere in Norfolk.

Last edited:
Going to disagree on this one.

Buy a veil of what ever type you want, and if you are very lucky the zips will mate happily. If not buy a length of zip and get a repairs shop to run it up for you, jobs a good un..

PH

Lidl & Aldi sell insect screens that may be a suitable replacement material.
Two 130 x 150cm (iirc) , enough for several veils, for £4 washable and 3yr guarantee ;)

Last edited:
I bought 1.5m of black heavy duty veil for £6 with enough material to repair 4 veils

Going to disagree on this one.

Yes, the question as to whether the hood was removable should have been included. Didn't think of that. Easy enough job, if attached at the back. More complicated if fitting a new zip as well

Replacing the veil should be a 'walk in the park' job for any seamstress (or seamfella for that matter).

I use separate jacket and trousers and the extra cost of new might not exceed the repair cost for a new hood by so much, if I didn't have my expert wife with one of her several sewing machines....

Latest posts

Back