Raw Sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackcavebees

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I know we all use refined white sugar at some stage in our beekeeping and was trying to get local supermarkets to keep spills and breakages for our local association. However, I've had an offer of a supply of "raw sugar" from a food and drinks manufacturer that use it in lemonade type products and wondered if it was ok for the girls? I'm the local secretary of our BKA and didn't want to be giving out anything that wasn't ok. Advice please?

I know we all use refined white sugar at some stage in our beekeeping and was trying to get local supermarkets to keep spills and breakages for our local association. However, I've had an offer of a supply of "raw sugar" from a food and drinks manufacturer that use it in lemonade type products and wondered if it was ok for the girls? I'm the local secretary of our BKA and didn't want to be giving out anything that wasn't ok. Advice please?

Chances are its "pure" white sucrose but you are asking us when its more likely the drinks manufacturer can tell you directly or maybe put you in touch with their sugar supplier.

You want 'refined' sugar for bees.

But it would be worth checking whether their jargon simply refers to sugar as a "raw ingredient".

You do not want "raw" (as in unrefined, not white) sugar.
But a bit of honest dirt won't harm.

Chances are its "pure" white sucrose but you are asking us when its more likely the drinks manufacturer can tell you directly or maybe put you in touch with their sugar supplier.

Latest posts

Back