Queens from Abelo

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
With the long lead times from the more popular queen suppliers, I noticed Abelo seem to have queens available immediately. Has anyone had an Abelo queen and care to share if she competes against the rest?

I heard those nuclei stolen near York belonged to Abelo.

With the long lead times from the more popular queen suppliers, I noticed Abelo seem to have queens available immediately. Has anyone had an Abelo queen and care to share if she competes against the rest?

I think bshoney have some buckfast available and I’ve had quite a few and am happy with them.

I think bshoney have some buckfast available and I’ve had quite a few and am happy with them.

Cheers Ian. I've been warned against them by someone who recently received a queen and she's got a dent in her abdomen. Bees balling her instantly.

Last edited:
Cheers Ian. I've been warned against them by someone who recently received a queen marked green when this year's was ordered, and she's got a dent in her abdomen. Bees balling her instantly.

I’ve had them from BS. They’ve been perfectly ok

Cheers Ian. I've been warned against them by someone who recently received a queen and she's got a dent in her abdomen. Bees balling her instantly.

The fact the bees are balling her is not the fault of the supplier or I very much doubt the because of dent. I don’t know them at bs at all but have had plenty. Not saying they’ve all been perfect but no supplier is, it’s the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

I ordered one from BShoney last year. Very happy with her, still laying like a 🚂

You can probably find one off bad experience with any supplier...

I decided to give BS a go - apparently the abdomen dent is down to the cages their supplier uses (as this was a Carniolan queen).

I bought two buckfasts and they're currently in day 2 of their push-in cage introduction.

Latest posts

Back