Queen cage - varroa management

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@abeille your language and arrogant keyboard style are reminiscent of another forum member from Kent, who doesn't post anymore

He was so sure of his own convictions to the exclusion of any discussion. Not one and the same by any chance?

https://northdownsbees.co.uk/
Nope.

But somewhat ironic dont you think, that you argue against people being so sure of their own convictions to the exclusion of any discussion and yet ignore the very same behaviours by posters in this thread? Not one and the same by any chance?

I killed all those 'baby bees' needlessly.

Yes, I put 9 frames like this in the freezer and later into the solar melter when i could have added them to a colony which I them treat. Seriously.

View attachment 24354

Grrrr!
I can't see how this technique can help adaptation of varroa resistance but I don't like using chemicals of any sort (I'm circling back from treatment free).
. . . . Ben
Thats because you misunderstood 2/3rds of this process.

In Richard's latest youtube offering, taking a quick look into some nucs and hives, there are Apivar strips in all of them.

Typical for certain cohorts. Fortunately, the average age of beekeepers is falling and with that comes new ways of thinking. Clearly, not soon enough given the current state of honey bees in the uk!

How can you know how young or old the contributors to this thread are? Or just making assumptions?

In fact, what exactly is the age of 'certain cohorts'?

Maybe some of the younger members of the forum think you're in that 'certain cohort'.

How can you know how young or old the contributors to this thread are? Or just making assumptions?

In fact, what exactly is the age of 'certain cohorts'?

Maybe some of the younger members of the forum think you're in that 'certain cohort'.

Assumptions based on knoqlege and observation. Prove me wrong if you wish.

I couldn't prove you wrong any more than you can prove yourself right.
How would either of us know how old everyone else is?!

I'm assuming you're about my age. 60 ish?
Because I have met plenty if people from this thread.

I presume you will be correcting post 44 for example?

Or is that sort of insult allowed when it alignes with your own misunderstanding?
I could not be bothered going back to the beginning of this thread that you raked up from the past .. It took me enough time to edit your posts in order to stop WW3 breaking out on here as a result of your pointed comments directed at some members.

You are picking on the wrong person in me ... if you want to continue as a contributing member I suggest you calm down a bit as my blue pencil is about an inch away from a big red stamp with your name on it.

I could not be bothered going back to the beginning of this thread that you raked up from the past .. It took me enough time to edit your posts in order to stop WW3 breaking out on here as a result of your pointed comments directed at some members.

You are picking on the wrong person in me ... if you want to continue as a contributing member I suggest you calm down a bit as my blue pencil is about an inch away from a big red stamp with your name on it.
Cheers Phill. Not fussed either way. I prefer groups that are a little more open to the possibility of even thinking about new ideas. I know that is a Verrrry long stretch from the current group members. Never the less I beleive that new ways of thinking are important, despite how many dust old codgers don't want anyone to change beyond what they already know.

That said, I will always be a contributing member, regardless of a ban or otherwise.

Happy birthday for July by the way!

Last edited:
Cheers Phill. Not fussed either way. I prefer groups that are a little more open to the possibility of even thinking about new ideas. I know that is a Verrrry long stretch from the current group members. Never the less I beleive that new ways of thinking are important, despite how many dust old codgers don't want anyone to change beyond what they already know.

That said, I will always be a contributing member, regardless of a ban or otherwise.

Happy birthday for July by the way!
You are not encouraging new ideas, unless they happen to coincide with your own bogoted ones, as you're likely to shoot them down as above.

You are not encouraging new ideas, unless they happen to coincide with your own bogoted ones, as you're likely to shoot them down as above.
Incorrect.
I haven't knocked anyone for co.ing up with an idea. If you read the thread, I have knocked those who have knocked an idea that they haven't even taken the time to understand let alone try.

That is not bigoted. Perhaps go read that definition?

Perhaps Phill, it's best to burn this thread and ban me. I will only continue to argue with the old codgers as I love nothing more than wasting their limited time left on this earth. Anyone born shall we say near 1950 (recognise that year?) Is unlikley to have any intereating new ideas. Just look at the industry over the last 5 years. The time for you oldies is up, and running out fast!

I am happy to continue membership under another one of my forum names.

Latest posts

Back