Pseudo scorpion Vs Varroa destructor

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finman
As you see in UK, no strips help any more.
Yes they do, Amitraz based.

Yes they do, Amitraz based.

No you don't, treating is easy and good results, nothing complex about it at all.

What ever. I have read that they are using still Apistan in Scotland.
Sugar dust is common and many other humbug. Why to waste time with these.

I have had mite only 35 years. I know nothing about it. I have teached only 10 years in internet the results of EU varroa group results-

Oh dear.

Everything is possible. Lets wait evolution

About Amitraze

Citation Information: Journal of Apicultural Science. Volume 57, Issue 1, Pages 107–121, ISSN (Print) 2299-4831, DOI: 10.2478/jas-2013-0012, June 2013

Summary

Amitraz is a varroacide used the longest (over thirty years) and most commonly by Polish beekeepers. This involves high risk of V. destructor developing amitraz resistance. Therefore it is necessary to monitor the effectiveness of treatments to ensure appropriate protection of the honeybee colonies. The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of amitraz used as the contact varroacide (Biowar 500 formulation) to control V. destructor in honeybee colonies. Field studies were conducted in 2011 and 2012. In both years, the amitraz treatments started in the last weeks of August. Two strips of Biowar 500 (500 mg of amitraz per strip) were inserted into each colony and removed after 8 weeks. The control colonies were left untreated for 8 weeks. After removing the strips the control therapy was conducted in all colonies. The average efficacy of amitraz (E%) calculated for the two years combined, after 6 and 8 weeks of treatment, amounted to 90.6% and 94.6%, respectively. As a result of the natural mortality in the control colonies, the population of parasites lowered only by 16.4% and 23.9% during 6 and 8 weeks. The efficacy of the strips was lower in colonies with larger amount of brood.

I would say that 6-8 week treatment is not easy job.There are better ways.

But things are easy, if hives have a good brooding gap.

Last edited:
I would say that 6-8 week treatment is not easy job.There are better ways.

Not if your going to sit there for eight weeks holding the strips in your fingers, easier to just put the strips in and leave, but even doing that may be too complex.

Everything is possible. Lets wait evolution

How is your fox resistant chicken breeding coming on.

Last edited:
Not if your going to sit there for eight weeks holding the strips in your fingers, easier to just put the strips in and leave, but even doing that may be too complex.

English intelligence.

Same strips affect 8 weeks? really?
You believe that. 2-2,5 brood cycles.

We have that much time from main yield to winter feeding.

Jussi%20sarkipilkilla%20nettiin.jpg

Last edited:
:iagree:

The correct use of Oxalic Acid should ensure control of varroa for several hundred years. This is because OA exploits a physical trait in the varroa that would take evolution several hundred years to evolve a physical change to.
This is my understanding of research from Sussex University team.

That I say real knowledge.

I wonder does that team even has beehives. Do they have enough money in they budget.

I use to think, in what condition hives are after winter.

Real knowledge to 2 hive owners, what are 90% out of British beekeepers. As I have been adviced by this forum.

We also do that here every winter, catching dead fish is easy.

We have to catch several dead fishers every winter. They drop through the ice when they hunt those small fishes. So hungry.

Russian war prisoners taught that ice fishing to Finnish 70 years ago. We did not know that system.

This burbot fish is hunted in January on ice at night. Time is just now and temps -28C. Surely many are doing that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJpTqaB0fV8

Last edited:
Watch it Pete ... you are going to get yourself banned for arguing with Finnie at this rate ...:calmdown:

It is having a nice conversation, not arguing... how is your breeding project for fox resistant chickens coming on.

Back