Protective suit colours

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you obtain bees, your life is taken over...

I hope you have a spare shed or garage - or two...

I only started in July and at the moment I just have one colony. As long as I can get them through winter alive, I intend to try and make it 2 this coming year although I don't think I want more than that.

I would say join an association near you as they often run beginner courses (I'm doing one this winter) plus you might be able to find somebody to mentor you. Also, associations will sometimes offer swarms or nucs (small colonies split from a larger one) free or cheap to their members, saving you the initial outlay of actually buying bees.

I initially thought I could go it alone having read up (as I thought) quite extensively, but I ran into a few difficulties, and am lucky enough now to share a site with an experienced beekeeper who has several hives around my area. He's a great source of info and advice, no amount of books is a substitute for having somebody experienced standing with you and having their brains available to pick.

aside from "i shot the..."
there is also the company that would sound like it makes magic make-up foundation or guns for american youngsters if it weren't for the "wear" in the name.

:redface: Even knowing the answer I can't work out the foundation thingy clue :willy_nilly:

I only started in July and at the moment I just have one colony. As long as I can get them through winter alive, I intend to try and make it 2 this coming year although I don't think I want more than that.
I doubt you will have much difficulty with that when they decide to make swarm preparation ;)

Latest posts

Back