Processing and jarring honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need a tilting base for the honey bucket

How do you avoid bubbles in the corners of the jars?

just lay a wooden spoon under the rear of the bucket
, keeps it at just the right angle.

As for bubbles, slower you pour less bubbles you get.
Pour up to just below the shoulder of the jar, stop, wait a second for it to settle then pour very slowly until the level gets beyond the corners.
I only bother now if it's for show, any air still trapped I find that using a flat ended cake testing needle to gently shepderd the bubble away from the orner only takes a few seconds.

just lay a wooden spoon under the rear of the bucket
, keeps it at just the right angle.

As for bubbles, slower you pour less bubbles you get.
Pour up to just below the shoulder of the jar, stop, wait a second for it to settle then pour very slowly until the level gets beyond the corners.
I only bother now if it's for show, any air still trapped I find that using a flat ended cake testing needle to gently shepderd the bubble away from the orner only takes a few seconds.
Thanks, that makes sense.

This is what I knocked up - a stand with a slope. The scales with a tared jar sit under the spout and carefully weigh each jar!

Attachments

• IMG_62.jpg
    IMG_62.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 58
I made myself one of these:

131228-020-300x195.jpg

Details of how to make one are here:

https://www.theapiarist.org/honey-bucket-tipper/

Very easy to make. If I made another one I'd make sure the height of the honey gate was higher than the jar I was bottling into when the honey tank is tilted.
Thornes will sell you something similar.

Latest posts

Back