Political Debate.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
All party leaders are together tonight for a mass debate.

There a slight miss spell there if anybody can work it out!

Last edited:
Now described as a head to head.

38 degrees are running a simple quiz. You answer a few questions about your priorities for your brand of politics and the 'computer' calculates your answers and gives you the best party to suit you. I've just had a go and ended up with Baby Doc Duvalier! Must have misunderstood a couple of questions.:confused:

There a slight miss spell there if anybody can work it out!

When I read it I thought exactly the same thing!

Interesting that they did not have the DUP or Sinn Fein represented with their combined 13 seats yet UKIP who have two seats and the Greens with only one were there.

The experience here is that small parties (or even lone wolf independents) with a handful of seats can hold the balance of power in the formation of a rainbow coalition government and unfortunately for you guys either of these two could be it.

When I read it I thought exactly the same thing!

Interesting that they did not have the DUP or Sinn Fein represented with their combined 13 seats yet UKIP who have two seats and the Greens with only one were there.

The experience here is that small parties (or even lone wolf independents) with a handful of seats can hold the balance of power in the formation of a rainbow coalition government and unfortunately for you guys either of these two could be it.

where were Mabyn Kernow?

Problem is there is West Cornish, East Cornish, Old Cornish, Middle Cornish and Modern Cornish.... and probably many others.. all will pop up down here when devolution gets on the political agenda! :icon_204-2:

Yeghes da !

Greatest missed opportunity for an unfortunate act of God ever.

I didn't get to see the debate.

I was at the Cathedral for the Maundy Thursday service, with its core message of good people being betrayed for 30 pieces of silver, and powerful politicians and leaders using their power to destroy people, to maintain the status quo and their own vested interests.

So, tell me, did I miss anything last night?

Dusty

Quotation from Thomas Sowell

Having heard some of what was said during what passes for debate in political circles, I was reminded of something attributed to Thomas Sowell, the American economist:

If you have been voting for politicians who promise to give you goodies at someone else's expense, then you have no right to complain when they take your money and give it to someone else, including themselves.

Now there's a thought to ponder!

He also said "one of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society believe that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence."

CVB

where were Mabyn Kernow?

Problem is there is West Cornish, East Cornish, Old Cornish, Middle Cornish and Modern Cornish.... and probably many others.. all will pop up down here when devolution gets on the political agenda! :icon_204-2:

Yeghes da !

I assume you mean Mebyon Kernow or have you invented another party that spans the Tamar?

The Northern Irish parties did try and attend but were refused, personally I would preferred hearing their views instead of the blatant lies spewing from Farages mouth
S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Latest reports are that nobody really came first.

I assume you mean Mebyon Kernow or have you invented another party that spans the Tamar?

Mabyn Kernow is the spellin used in Kelliwick...
As I put it....Problem is there is West Cornish, East Cornish, Old Cornish, Middle Cornish and Modern Cornish.

Just different spelling used in the various forms of Cornish... there is West Cornish, East Cornish, Old Cornish, Middle Cornish and Modern Cornish.

So when Cornwall gets its own devolved parliment, which one will get to be the "Official" Cornish?

Remember Allo Allo... Communist Free French Resistance.... Real Free French Resistance...

The way the Word is?

Yeghes da

Last edited:
This ungracious twaddle will go on until the men unite or they guillotine those who have everything but deny others food, warmth, clothes and a place to call home and become a true country that treats all as one.

Back