Mass Shootings

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whilst it's only happening to "someone else", I doubt many politicians will change their minds. If it were their families and children being shot on a regular basis perhaps the story might be different.

I just can't get my head around the whole situation to be honest. It is utter insanity. That a nation which considers itself one of the greatest (if not the greatest) in the World is willing to have this happen and do little or nothing about it, well, we left irony in the roadside dust quite some miles back.

James
The NRA pours millions into the individual coffers of a lot of US politicians.

The mentality of 'I don't know who it is so I'll shoot them' is both terrifying, an indictment on US culture and saddening that people seemingly live with that level of fear of strangers. However, I don't believe it is reflective of all Americans or even all gun owners.

'Rights' (privileges!) should only be given to those who are able to exercise them responsibly.

'Rights' (privileges!) should only be given to those who are able to exercise them responsibly.
Be careful with this phrase, interpreting it literally is a restriction of freedom. Perhaps this other one is more in line "You have all your rights but the state will restrict any of them if their use could compromise the lives of the rest of your fellow citizens"

Be careful with this phrase, interpreting it literally is a restriction of freedom. Perhaps this other one is more in line "You have all your rights but the state will restrict any of them if their use could compromise the lives of the rest of your fellow citizens"
Doesn't that just mean that you can own a gun if you can prove you won't just shoot people indiscrimenately??

Doesn't that just mean that you can own a gun if you can prove you won't just shoot people indiscrimenately??
In Spain, to have a weapon, either for any activity, you must request authorization and registration (of the weapon) from the civil guard (state security body) and proceed to carry out a psychotechnical (visual, auditory, physical capacity and mental stability ). Renewal is required every 5 years for the general population and every 3 months for people over 67 years of age.
Possession of a weapon without registration and authorization is a crime.

In Spain, to have a weapon, either for any activity, you must request authorization and registration (of the weapon) from the civil guard (state security body) and proceed to carry out a psychotechnical (visual, auditory, physical capacity and mental stability ). Renewal is required every 5 years for the general population and every 3 months for people over 67 years of age.
Possession of a weapon without registration and authorization is a crime.
What's more, any person who belongs to a state security body (police, military, etc.) has to take the same test and the validity of their authorization is the same as that of any other activity (hunting, sport shooting).

Latest posts

Back