Planss for neuc box

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made one the other day from his plans ,the only thing I changed was the overall width of the crownboard ,he states it is 273mm wide I did it the same as the overall width of the box to 253 mm .
Happy with the result 😀
I use his plans but make the outside dimension 230 so two fit under a standard roof.

I use his plans but make the outside dimension 230 so two fit under a standard roof.
That's a very good idea ,I presume you have less frames inside the box if you are using the thickness of standard 18mm ,so 4 frame nuc ?.I must say it's great getting different thoughts on making hive parts. I am in the process of making an additional national hive to 4 in total ,yesterday spent cutting extra supers for my other hives and thought why not make an additional brood box .
In your opinion how many Nucs would you have for 4 hives ?,I have no plans for extending more than 4 .Just need to get some bees 🐝
Thanks again
John

Roger’s design allows for 5.5 frames so reducing the width still gives room for 5 frames.

Back