Plans for Fake WBC?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosti

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I normally leave a bait hive in the garden and let them build up through the summer and then ship out before the next season to the apiary (family like the interest). The exception would be if the blighters got bolshy of course.

Request from the boss to make the hive 'look pretty'

To save going from scratch has anyone got plans for fake WBC lifts that fit round a National?

Much appreciated.

Why not just buy an old WBC, and put your national inside that,obviously you only need the outer parts,or maybe get a gabled roof for the national....may do the trick regards appearance.

Last edited:
I run National & WBC and the difference between them is miniscule sizewise...so if you use WBC plans found online they should fit I'd have thought...but then again my DIY is useless - I'll go hide in a hole ...

Just cut a WBC up and nail it to the sides of the natonal box

Looks like its the std plans or first choice as per Hivemaker, but I've had no luck on the 'buy an old one' front, hence the post. Didn't appreciate that the innerds were such a close match to a Nat.

Need to be out in the open otherwise wont allow the observation the the family enjoy.

Thanks all. R

Did a quick Google and found this, which I know you will not want, but is good for a giggle...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wooden-Be..._Pet_Supplies_Bee_Keeping&hash=item2313fb34c3

Particularly enjoyed

"Our beehive is designed specifically to attract non-swarming bees which are non aggressive and vital to plant pollination. The bees are naturally attracted to holes in wood which are becoming rare in our tidy gardens." bee-smillie

Did a quick Google and found this, which I know you will not want, but is good for a giggle...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wooden-Be..._Pet_Supplies_Bee_Keeping&hash=item2313fb34c3

Particularly enjoyed

"Our beehive is designed specifically to attract non-swarming bees which are non aggressive and vital to plant pollination. The bees are naturally attracted to holes in wood which are becoming rare in our tidy gardens." bee-smillie

It's a bit on the small side for a compost bin, it might make a decent wormery though:rofl:

I don't know where the non-swarming bees are likely to be attracted from . . . :)

Dream on.

I don't know where the non-swarming bees are likely to be attracted from . . . :)

probably displaced migrant workers arriving in dribs and drabs as a result of economic uncertainty and dissatisfaction with an unyielding cast system which has survived un-changed for thousands of years and which hides itself behind a cosmetic de-facto head of state.

Last edited:

Particularly enjoyed

How bizarre. I thought until I read the text it was intended for bumble bees, but no- It's just a non-standard nuc box.

I've seen these up close, they were in my local QD. Absolute ba**s of a product, in no way resembles any recognised hive. The scan on ebay is the 'instruction' sheet found inside the 'hive' when bought. It's tiny too, smaller than a standard nuc I'd say.

I dread to think how many people bought one of these and stuck a nuc of bees in thinking that's that...

Latest posts

Back