wbc parts check (do i need anything else)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Abelo 11-frame National poly box has an identical footprint to any wood National.

As for rectangular WBC boxes, you'll have to add a few strips of wood round the rims to size them to match square National 460mm boxes.
i didnt know the poly had the same foot print i assumed out side would be larger and not fit in a wbc
the wbc super i was thinking of doing one box so when / if i run out i can use national the draw back is i will probably run out of lifts as well

didnt know the poly had the same foot print i assumed
There are four UK designs of National poly and only Abelo follow the 460mm footprint and format of the BS Standard of 1946, which enable the boxes to match any wood National.

I say only when in truth the Swienty has the same 460 footprint, but was designed as top bee space - BS National is bottom bee space - and I suggest you avoid it (and thus tears on your journey) because it has 9 technical and practical design flaws which make it a dog's dinner of a box.

the draw back is i will probably run out of lifts as well
The pain begins.

There are four UK designs of National poly and only Abelo follow the 460mm footprint and format of the BS Standard of 1946, which enable the boxes to match any wood National.

I say only when in truth the Swienty has the same 460 footprint, but was designed as top bee space - BS National is bottom bee space - and I suggest you avoid it (and thus tears on your journey) because it has 9 technical and practical design flaws which make it a dog's dinner of a box.

The pain begins.
the abelo poly for it to be the same size inside and out ,does it have the same thermal benefit as other poly hives, is it made of more advanced materials
i dont know why the hive manufactures dont make a hive for all the people that say they have wbc because they look pretty they must be able to produce them cheaper than a wbc hive would cost i dont know if its to small a market as they would not be popular for any one leaving hives in fields as they would be the first stolen and for transportation they would take up more room but for people with a few hives in there garden it would be cheaper and less work to maintain the bees than a wbc and look the part for them

Latest posts

Back