Philips Urban Beehive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djg

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
For interior designers, or for urban beekeepers ?

I love the "flower-pot / pollen" arrangement outside. What are they "smoking" in Holland ? Silly question !

http://www.design.philips.com/phili...es/projects/microbial_home/urban_beehive.page

On the other hand, if only the answer to most beekeeping problems could be the same as the electronic world "Have you tried turning it off and on again ?" :)

All the same, I'll be sticking to cedar 14 x 12s on the roof for the time being...

For interior designers, or for urban beekeepers ?

I love the "flower-pot / pollen" arrangement outside. What are they "smoking" in Holland ?

I bet those cave men back in their day said, look at those stupid idiots building that Mud hut out there, what have they been putting on their cave fire?

Sometimes you have to think outside the cave!

I am not saying it’s a good design, TBF it has little or no chance of survival as a hive but, innovation is what moves us forward or backwards if you’ve seen the beehaus!

This was discussed recently here, and was largely dismissed as a pretty little design experiment, but impractical for real use.

just a design concept as part of the larger "domestic ecosystem" brief originating in the Philips design studio.

Not a serious prototype.

Bit like those wacky designs that originate from in-house design competitions by japanese motor manufacturers.

harveyzone,

Thanks for pointing out the duplicate posting, but the OP headline didn't give much away!

just a design concept as part of the larger "domestic ecosystem" brief originating in the Philips design studio.

Not a serious prototype.

Bit like those wacky designs that originate from in-house design competitions by japanese motor manufacturers.

The world had definitely gone to pot when the term 'designer' was stolen by arty-farty stylists from engineers.

Having invented the wheel, the most important question is NOT what colour it should be.

Creativity consciously untrammelled by practicality isn't art, its entertainment.

Latest posts

Back