Pest control officer kills honey bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
22 mins 05 sec look like wasps to me!!

If they are bees they'd be fine as he used "anti wasp powder"!

The colouring looks like bees - but the contrast is poor. Behaviour looks more like wasps.

I doubt it, he seems worse informed about wasps than the complainant .
Looks like he forgot his crib sheet!
Vm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Definitely wasps without a shadow of doubt.

I still think, bees, and behaviour is because of intrusion.

:iagree::iagree:

Looked to be dark bodied to me.
When was it filmed, wasps here in the Midlands haven't built up like that yet??
http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29577

After my experience with a large local Council, I doubt that they were bothered either way, just took payment, (unless it was a council house) and left. Doesn't look like there was any follow up call to block the hole either!:hairpull:

Do I rant about ignorance and risk being banned for life?

Well if banned we will go together.
Such damage if not blocked afterwards, robbing and going back to another colony ....so damaging. What a fool.

Well if banned we will go together.
Such damage if not blocked afterwards, robbing and going back to another colony ....so damaging. What a fool.

That is why the public should employ proper pest controllers, not a man with a can.
To the unenlightened, what would you go for.....£40-60 for to a mate of a mate who does a bit of pest control, or £90-£140 for a professional who knows the risks and precautions to take? Most would chose the cheaper.

However, these are most definitely wasps.

Why definitely wasps? If a recent video the wasps are not yet in such numbers, are they? I have frozen page and I still think bees...but you are the expert..and welcome to your job! especially the 4 legged problems.

Well, Karol will correct me if I'm wrong, but the first time we see the colony, they have already been treated. They are looking for the sentries to allow them in, but they are already dead. Also, in later clips, the sun catches them and they are yellow. Finally, with my somewhat limited knowledge of bee behaviour, that is probably NOT. A good location for bees to be making a colony - not a relatively enclosed and insulated cavity and fairly low to the ground. It is perfect location for wasps.

That is why the public should employ proper pest controllers, . . . . . . . . ..-£140 for a professional who knows the risks and precautions to take? . . . . . . .

However, these are most definitely wasps.

£140, (for 10 mins petrol and a 50p squirt of ant powder) I'm in the wrong business then!

Not sure how you can identify them !most definitely"!

I'd have thought that any "professional who knows . . . . . " would have taken the time to look in the loft. We would have seen the colony and viewers would be more certain what we were looking at. My guess is that it was easier for the "team" to treat as wasps and make it a wrap, home in time for a nice cuppa and count the cash!

he got nowhere near them - even with a suit on - look like bees,sound like bees, behave like bees. I reckon they're bees

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Maybe Mr Packham and the Springwatch team could help, aren't they BBC too??not worthynot worthynot worthy

If you're there Chris, I want a hat like yours, where can my wife buy on for my birthday?

Loved the bit with the hornet on un-sprung last night.

that is probably NOT. A good location for bees to be making a colony - not a relatively enclosed and insulated cavity and fairly low to the ground.

??? Tiled porch type roof with a 'ceiling' 1 1/4" entrance about eight feet above the ground - admittedly the cavity may be a tad bigger than 40L but not too bad a choice in my view. And by his attitude and fear of stinging insects - that eejit was not going to get anywhere near enough to those bees to make a proper identification.

Gotta be bees - but in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ah well, I'll leave it to you experts to decide.

Latest posts

Back