Pensions under attack - action required - Beekeepers unite!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naw, it's about bees now.....from the petition site.

Quietly, globally, billions of bees are dying, threatening our crops and food. But a global ban of one group of pesticides could save bees from extinction.

....it's not exactly true of course, but heck, how many people need to know the facts when signing a petition?

Chris

Thanks!

Viridens. Thank you for the information. I have just voted. I didn't know that the government had an e-petition system like that and I didn't know that the cuts could affect me. Thank you! not worthy

Over 25 thousand votes already! 75 thousand to go.

Last edited:
Pensioners are not soft targets, as they are far more engaged with the political process than many other groups of society. Although not very well organised in the UK, if there was an organisation like AARP (think Saga on steroids), they would be very, very scared of upsetting this group.

Did you know that in the early 90s there were often half a million pensioners on the streets of London protesting.

Did you know - probably not - why didn't you know - because the government asked the media to make it low key. Don't think Andy was at work then.

There are 12 million pensioners in the UK - spare me the Google!

Many are on benefits and unaware, for various reasons, that they have a powerful voice. Many don't know about E-petitions and protests.

Many, are public service pensioners are OK Jack thank you pull the ladder up and refused to get involved because they were well provided for but now bleeding because they're under attack.

So if we're pulling everybody up, great. If not, life's tough and the government "you" voted in, wins all round

Someone posted on here the Rev. Niemöller lament.

Well now they've come for "you".

Yes, E-petitions do work but people must be aware of them and many are too busy working to get involved in the governance. Consequently, they believe what they're told, which is invariably to their detriment.

Enter the pensioners??

Thankfully, our doctors, earning a little more than the minimum wage over £100K for an average 44 hours a week will be Index linked and thus, with a little part time work, able to maintain a decent standard of living.

Now that's how a powerful voice works and is to what we should all aspire.

Last edited:
In the late sixties I threw bricks at the american embassy in the only form of protest open to me as the vote was only for those of over 21.

now I can not even become a pensioner as this silly silly government keeps moving the goalposts!!!!

Last edited:
i think this is a bit off topic, but also ifwe cant afford to keep bees the n... so perhaps it is on topic... not so long ago a government allowed business to take money from the pension funds to support their businesses... now we have a pension crisis, we had a governemtn that sold off a lot only one makes a profit now all the rest get complained about... we spend money on products and buildings that many advise wont work for various reasons and then shock horror we find they were right and abandon said projects at great cost leaving behind things that do nothing and waste space... or equipment or we break things we have spent loads of money on just when the yare being completed... or we build things and scrap the one thing that will use them... and say we will build new things later on that will use the floating monsters... just when those start falling apart.
frankly all i want to do is drop out, i vote but dont get sensible people doing the work, we watch idiots on the box running busineses or attempting to get on something where apparently they will learn how to, all i see is a bunch of arrogant t$%^& being complete dheads if i drop out all i have to do is pay a few bills at that point i will refuse (publicly) to vote, i already have no confidence in the idiots who purport to lead us be they politicians or local council or business... please tell me i am wrong i would love to believe that someone somewhere knows what they are doing but personally if i could cause a national vote of no confidence i would... but what would it achieve? well a new bunch who would run things the same way... we need money but i would love to se it scrapped...
ah well i am an idealist who cant cope so sorry for ranting but...
no i dont feel better which is even more annoying...
voted too..
note to self never make comments on politics again...

I'm an OAP living in London and have an unbelievably generous Free Travel Pass, tell fibs about not having a TV and shop-lift from Sainsburys. So I'm managing.....

It certainly grinds my gears to keep hearing how we are 'all living longer' (oh really? I know far more who died before retirement age than I do 100 year olds)

I'd imagine if we stopped p*****g money away in foreign countries we wouldn't be nearly so strapped for cash. The price of a few of those missiles would go quite a long way to plugging the gap.

All livinglonger means as a society. There are still pockets of male mortality at around 65 around the UK.

Did you know that in the early 90s there were often half a million pensioners on the streets of London protesting.

Did you know - probably not - why didn't you know - because the government asked the media to make it low key. Don't think Andy was at work then.

There are 12 million pensioners in the UK - spare me the Google!

Many are on benefits and unaware, for various reasons, that they have a powerful voice. Many don't know about E-petitions and protests.

Many, are public service pensioners are OK Jack thank you pull the ladder up and refused to get involved because they were well provided for but now bleeding because they're under attack.

So if we're pulling everybody up, great. If not, life's tough and the government "you" voted in, wins all round

Someone posted on here the Rev. Niemöller lament.

Well now they've come for "you".

Yes, E-petitions do work but people must be aware of them and many are too busy working to get involved in the governance. Consequently, they believe what they're told, which is invariably to their detriment.

Enter the pensioners??

Thankfully, our doctors, earning a little more than the minimum wage over £100K for an average 44 hours a week will be Index linked and thus, with a little part time work, able to maintain a decent standard of living.

Now that's how a powerful voice works and is to what we should all aspire.

Sorry, BBG, I don't quite get what most of your points are, particularly when you used the emboldened and quote marked "you".

But doctors are a very good example of excess within the system. They, like senior civil servants are over-remunerated and benefit from benefits that are the closest to being gold-plated.

But it is wrong to think that they, as a minority, represent the rest. They are, in effect, the exceptions that prove the rule.

"You" used for clarity as in not you personally but any of us.

You mistake my holding doctors as representing the rest.

My meaning is that doctors, rather their 'Union' show the way forward in having established incredible salaries and as one MP phrased it "Eye-watering increases in pay."

I don't mind how much somebody else gets for themselves. I do mind when people who have worked all their lives are not able to afford to put the heating on, live in a compact home with a small garden, enjoy a reasonable holiday once a year, say Cornwall for a week, decent clothes, food and generally join in life. Even keep a hive or two of bees.

This would still be a pauper's existence by say, a doctor's lifestyle and financial well-being all paid for by the pensioners .....

Last edited:
But isn't it rich that an MP would make such a complaint when their own (phenomenally generous, truly gold-plated) final salary scheme remains untouched, despite David Cameron saying he wanted to change that before he was elected PM.

Turkeys and Christmas. Turkeys and Christmas.

Yet the government maintains the liabilities of public sector schemes represent 85% of GDP. This is pure fiction, unless all schemes were forced to settle their bills here and now in one fell swoop.

The costs of running public sector schemes is already showing signs of reduction and that has nothing to do with this government's policies.

Just hope Richard bees is going to appreciate the £9 billion pounds we're giving to London (or at least a few multinational companies doing some work in London) for a couple of weeks of seeing who can hop, skip and jump further than someone else....... :)

Change the system for those entering it if it has to be done so that the position is clear at the start, not for those who have spent a lifetime contributing towards it.

There would be a natural decrease in expenditure.

3 pages and not a word about bank bailouts and massive bonuses now being paid out.

The story of your enslavement, youtube, its all in there and more, go watch it and learn what is and has happened and will again.

.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbp6umQT58A

Last edited:
But isn't it rich that an MP would make such a complaint when their own (phenomenally generous, truly gold-plated) final salary scheme remains untouched, despite David Cameron saying he wanted to change that before he was elected PM.

Turkeys and Christmas. Turkeys and Christmas.

Yet the government maintains the liabilities of public sector schemes represent 85% of GDP. This is pure fiction, unless all schemes were forced to settle their bills here and now in one fell swoop.

The costs of running public sector schemes is already showing signs of reduction and that has nothing to do with this government's policies.

Meet the funders and controllers of government, who have still to control the banks of Syria, Libya and Iran.

Just hope Richard bees is going to appreciate the £9 billion pounds we're giving to London (or at least a few multinational companies doing some work in London) for a couple of weeks of seeing who can hop, skip and jump further than someone else....... :)

Don't worry, onriver, we're paying more than you are.

3 pages and not a word about bank bailouts and massive bonuses now being paid out.

Yep, and the banks have cost us a lot more than public sector pensions have.

Yep, and the banks have cost us a lot more than public sector pensions have.

You do know the banks actually got nothing don't you, but zero's and nones and that the pelf via debt is on wholesale hold right now.
The chancellor if he were really in charge could fire up the money presses and print brand new money and create our own money and loan it at Zero percent as was the norm in Libya until fairly recently.
No the banks and the government are no more in charge than Banksy.
Only two more independants to go and a one world bank will be in complete charge of the Whole brave new currency illusion, which will be the greatest swindle of humanity of all time.

Latest posts

Back