Oxalic acid and super

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 frames of brood is half box of bees. That is worse than mite itself. No hive stand that method.
First emerged bees are very valuable to the colony, because half of swarm has died allready.

But if the swarm has plenty of mites, the result is not good either.

Normal system is to give 3 times point treatment with thymol or formic acid gasification when yield has been harvested.

Last edited:
Thats because a lot of what he says is his view and as far as he is concerned everybody else is wrong.
He says my bees will die if not treated.. I ask him why they havent and he cannot tell me.
If a new beek has to ask then they dont know if what he tells them is correct.
In my opinion he is a danger to new beekeepers.,
Thats because he's always telling us that he has

It takes two to tango. If reading Finnmans posts causes you such terrible grief why don't you use the ignore function?

In my opinion he is a danger to new beekeepers.,

I think the danger to new beekeepers is the attitude of some people on this site to be honest. I was talking to a work colleague who I didn't realise kept bees and he mentioned going on a bee forum!! He said after his first post never came back due to the comments made.
As I said, reading through this thread was interesting until it all became a war as per usual

It takes two to tango.

Spot on. It's sad how Internet forums so often bring out the worst in people. Online, folk are free to behave however they like, without any of the social etiquette or preconceptions present in real life. Shame some folk choose to argue, take/cause offence and just generally not be nice.

Personally, I make up solution from basic ingredients as needed and discard any not used after a week or so. I see that as safer than buying solution where I don't know the age or storage conditions.

I do the same but two years ago, i was a bit pushed for time so made some with fructose syrup (ambrosia) instead of sucrose as i had alot of it left over

I made it up the night before and left it in the kitchen,by the following morning it had turned a dark straw colour ,so down the drain it went

Last edited:
Tango? An old guy biting another's arse day after day.
We call it arse fly.

Stop talking unsubstantiated rubbish that you copy off the internet then, unless of course you can explain why what you say is correct. I ask you the same question for the last year and you havent answered,,because you cant.

Last edited:
Stop talking unsubstantiated rubbish that you copy off the internet then, unless of course you can explain why what you say is correct. I ask you the same question for the last year and you havent answered,,because you cant.

Look from google.

I had a look and cant find anywhere on google where there is an answer to "why havent my bees died"
It would be nice if you could show me where it is, because as you know 90% of what is on google is rubbish.

Yes, it is now deadline in its deep meaning.

So although you say that untreated bees WILL die you arent able to define WHEN they ill die?

50/50 chance then? They do or they dont, but its not proven that they WILL, but as I have had mine for 4 years the odds are in my favour so far.

Hey,
Any news about OA treatment? In 2017 spring i will use shook swarm method to transfer few colony to complete new combs.

Thank You,
Edi

Hey,
Any news about OA treatment? In 2017 spring i will use shook swarm method to transfer few colony to complete new combs.

Thank You,
Edi

There's been a lot written about oxalic acid treatment. It's effective as a solution in sugar syrup trickled over bees in the hive when broodless during mid winter or by sublimation at other times of year. If sublimated with brood present you treat three times five days apart.

Latest posts

Back