Only in America…..

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A beekeeping friend gave up his bees for, amongst other reasons, his neighbour accused his bees of emptying his swimming pool of water, removing pollen/nectar from his grape vines and terrifying his children when they once swarmed. This was in Somerset UK. He decided that as he was going to give up within the next 5 years he’d do it sooner rather than deal with people like that

A beekeeping friend gave up his bees for, amongst other reasons, his neighbour accused his bees of emptying his swimming pool of water, removing pollen/nectar from his grape vines and terrifying his children when they once swarmed. This was in Somerset UK. He decided that as he was going to give up within the next 5 years he’d do it sooner rather than deal with people like that

Should have invoiced him for the pollination service :D

James

If I could find the owner of the cabbage white butterflies in my neighbourhood I would be tempted to take them to court to gain recompense for the loss of my brussel sprouts, kale, cauliflowers and cabbages. And whoever it is they seem to manage to do it every year without fail.

I would imagine - once you have done the sums - that you would need several million bees to achieve that.

AN amusing court case: he would win and be awarded costs.. (but could he afford to pay his solicitor?)

It was a Yorkshireman who took a case involving the ownership of a swarm all the way to the Court of Appeal, so I'm sure there are a few Yorkshiremen reading this thread and weighing up the possibilities.

I would imagine - once you have done the sums - that you would need several million bees to achieve that.

AN amusing court case: he would win and be awarded costs.. (but could he afford to pay his solicitor?)
He could have afforded a solicitor, but decided the hassle wasn’t worth it, and he couldn’t be bothered to argue. I did suggest he sent an invoice for pollination services.

Latest posts

Back