Oh My God

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, by your yardstick, we shouldn't be seeing any mass shooting in America.....
It doesn't happen here.
I was brought up with firearms, taught to handle them from an early age, I was an accredited firearms handler and trainer during my time in Customs and Border Agency.
I remember my grandfather telling me one thing which has stuck with me all my life...
Three kinds of people should not be allowed near weapons - Lunatics, children and Americans.

People living in less-than-perfect nations shouldn't throw stones at others.

Yes, America has a problem with some mentally ill people but that doesn't mean guns are killing people. It means that crazy people are killing people with guns, knives, shovels, baseball bats and other instruments which could take lives. If we cared enough about the preservation of life, our wonderful government (sarcasm intended) would outlaw the use of motor vehicles, which take more lives per year than crazy people with guns ever thought of taking. Yet our so-called leaders want to outlaw guns ... BAH!!!

Taking guns away from law-abiding citizens only allows the crooks to have weapons to use against the obeying population. You'll never get guns out of the hands of criminals (examine Mexico for instance where only crooks have guns)

Additionally, those who politicians and celebrities who want to take guns from Americans are the same fools who are protected by guns and personal protection agents. Not fair to use regular people!

And lastly, lawmakers who intend to ban guns from Americans have an underlying agenda. If you eliminate guns, you control a people whom cannot defend themselves against tyrannical government. Our Founding Fathers realized this fact when assembling the Constitution. We canNOT give up our firearms and expect our government to treat us with respect.

'nuf said

People living in less-than-perfect nations shouldn't throw stones at others.

Yes, America has a problem with some mentally ill people but that doesn't mean guns are killing people. It means that crazy people are killing people with guns, knives, shovels, baseball bats and other instruments which could take lives. If we cared enough about the preservation of life, our wonderful government (sarcasm intended) would outlaw the use of motor vehicles, which take more lives per year than crazy people with guns ever thought of taking. Yet our so-called leaders want to outlaw guns ... BAH!!!

Taking guns away from law-abiding citizens only allows the crooks to have weapons to use against the obeying population. You'll never get guns out of the hands of criminals (examine Mexico for instance where only crooks have guns)

Additionally, those who politicians and celebrities who want to take guns from Americans are the same fools who are protected by guns and personal protection agents. Not fair to use regular people!

And lastly, lawmakers who intend to ban guns from Americans have an underlying agenda. If you eliminate guns, you control a people whom cannot defend themselves against tyrannical government. Our Founding Fathers realized this fact when assembling the Constitution. We canNOT give up our firearms and expect our government to treat us with respect.

'nuf said

The Second Amendment was created out of paranoia. The US had no military for quite a while after independence and needed the people to defend the country.

Yes, America has a problem with some mentally ill people

Yes, we know look at their president - and the people who voted him in.
And let's not forget the majority of the members of the NRA. I think the word 'some' is a rather modest one here as well.

As my father would say 'every circus needs a clown - but you don't put the bugger in charge'

And let's not forget the majority of the members of the NRA. I think the word 'some' is a rather modest one here as well.

As my father would say 'every circus needs a clown - but you don't put the bugger in charge'

Well said. Unfortunately, I think the World will have to suffer that clown for another term of office the way things are looking.

Jeeseus you mean the "ordinary people" might be right? /sly grin/

Now which country elected a "stand up comedian" to lead them recently?

Chons da

(Answers to Admin on a new £10 note please)

No not UK https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48007487

Last edited:
"And lastly, lawmakers who intend to ban guns from Americans have an underlying agenda. If you eliminate guns, you control a people whom cannot defend themselves against tyrannical government. Our Founding Fathers realized this fact when assembling the Constitution. We canNOT give up our firearms and expect our government to treat us with respect.

'nuf said
"

Anyone who thinks a militia armed with hand guns is going to defeat a Government armed with tanks and planes obviously does not follow recent history - see Syria.

"And lastly, lawmakers who intend to ban guns from Americans have an underlying agenda. If you eliminate guns, you control a people whom cannot defend themselves against tyrannical government. Our Founding Fathers realized this fact when assembling the Constitution. We canNOT give up our firearms and expect our government to treat us with respect.

'nuf said
"

Anyone who thinks a militia armed with hand guns is going to defeat a Government armed with tanks and planes obviously does not follow recent history - see Syria.

I must say I would fear for my kid in such country.. Call me an idiot, but this is no right to me and logic which justify it is also frightening.. But again I might be primitive and stupid..

Lol in the states you can quite legally go buy yourself a machine gun and large 1s to boot you can even go fire tanks held in private hands. You can even buy extended magazines for automatic weapons to help when you go hunting!!! It’s complete madness!! And that’s coming from me who ran round with an air rifle in the African bush aged about 10.

A salutary lesson as to what happens when you sleep with your own sister (who also happens to be your mother :D)

'nuf said
"

We're about to see a united Ireland, not bad work for a militia armed with handguns.

Almost as funny as when he tried to pronounce Sachin Tendulkar !

Latest posts

Back