Odd ball tips that realy work

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, they don't. The requirements for such things is quite strict so sneaking a poison in is rather difficult, not to mention bad for business. Unfortunately, a lot of alternative sources make wild unsubstantiated claims that take on a life of their own, like this one.

:iagree:

Not bee related but you can save a lot of money on personalised number plates by changing your legal name by deed poll

NEH 275K

Viz - Top Tips

Circa 1988?

Why do the same culprits insist on hijacking threads over and over again ? don't you have anything of value to add to the thread.

If you must post inane puerile rubbish, do it in your own threads or better still on another forum.

Those that wish to learn or chat about bees don't want to have to wade through all the crap you post time and time again.

Go and get a life, PLEASE.

And yes, I'm mildly dyslexic and spelling goes awry.......... So carry on taking the piss, you ***king idiots

Last edited:
And yes, I'm mildly dyslexic and spelling goes awry.......... So carry on taking the piss, you ***king idiots

Really sorry about your problem, we all spell wrong occasionally, it's all meant in good fun.

So, get over yourself. :)

So, get over yourself. :)

What ? .... how dare you.

If it wasn't for the sneering, snarky, belittling comments designed to undermine people who have the best of intentions at heart, this would be a better place.

Can someone tell me how I can put someone on ignore?

It's OK, I found it. :)

Last edited:
Admin please close this thread

For those of you who can't squash but freeze instead.
If you can't find a queen in a colony and HAVE to ........defrost that old queen lurking in the depths of your freezer and pin her to a top bar. Put the crown board back on and have s walk round the apiary for five minutes. Quickly whip off the top and there is a good chance your invisible queen is there attacking the invader. I'm not saying it's foolproof but has worked twice for me.

For those of you who can't squash but freeze instead.
If you can't find a queen in a colony and HAVE to ........defrost that old queen lurking in the depths of your freezer and pin her to a top bar. Put the crown board back on and have s walk round the apiary for five minutes. Quickly whip off the top and there is a good chance your invisible queen is there attacking the invader. I'm not saying it's foolproof but has worked twice for me.

I read somewhere about a chap that would, when checking his hives, pop the first queen he found in a cage in his top pocket. He would use that to do the same.

And yes, I'm mildly dyslexic and spelling goes awry..........

It was meant in good humour, but there really is no need to insult people. If you had explained, then I'm sure we would all apologise, so i would appreciate it if you didn't insult me or my good friend.

I am going to be the better person and apologise for having upset you.

Erica, I've heard of that before, but wondered do the bees not get to her first? I always imagined finding a ball of bees which would make the queen difficult to find and also finding the bees upset.

........defrost that old queen lurking in the depths of your freezer and pin her to a top bar.

I have one in the freezer to try it out, but how long have I got after defrosting? Also, when you say "pin her", is this as it sounds, or is the little corpse in a cage? ta

I have one in the freezer to try it out, but how long have I got after defrosting? Also, when you say "pin her", is this as it sounds, or is the little corpse in a cage? ta

They defrost very quickly. If you put her in a cage and attach the cage then you can re-use.

Some people put old queens in a little bottle of alcohol or meths, and use a few drops of that liquid as a bait. I've never tried it, so can't say how well it works.

Latest posts

Back