Not changed much here has it?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not about trapping wasps though is it? It’s just about gleefully waiting for the thread to degenerate into the usual slanging match.

Yes you are right its a shame to say the forum is not as good as it used to be too many trolls looking for people like me to raise to the bait.It would be nice to get back to just useful beekeeping advice

Yes you are right its a shame to say the forum is not as good as it used to be too many trolls looking for people like me to raise to the bait.It would be nice to get back to just useful beekeeping advice

And the rambling off topic into such a diverse and often humourus set of posts without all the sniping and confrontational posts...

Most of us used to manage to get along and disagree...a gang culture seems to have developed where some people have to be rude and to 'win' with the last word...

You can always just ignore
Ignorance seems to be your forte

Oh bless being abusive again - don’t worry your mates will back you up.
Hypocrisy rules - and you talk about ignorance. Jog on, I’ve learnt how to deal with bullies - no doubt another ban will be on its way soon as you cannot control yourself - a sure sign of true ignorance.

Oh bless being abusive again.
Abusive|? not at all, just stating a fact, at least, unlike some I didn't just assume another username and crawl back to carry on with the unpleasantness after a ban.
Remind me again what was it? oh yes Beebot

Grow up Mate and deal in facts.

PS. Show me what unpleasantries you are referring to. I deal in facts - show me where I am factually incorrect and unpleasant. You have been back for a week or so and have had a pop at Millet and myself. In my case for simply pointing out you get away with far more on this forum than others with your persistent unpleasantness.

Last edited:
Do you know if I was a moderator I’d just put a blue pencil through the whole thread and not ban anybody
Just delete the rubbish, lots of it here on all sides.

Do you know if I was a moderator I’d just put a blue pencil through the whole thread and not ban anybody
Problem is though, there is lots of good stuff in some of the most tumultuous threads. It's just about picking out the wheat from the chaff

There is another option. Make the forum transparent so posters can't hide behind anonymous avatars. Might get fewer posting but I suspect it would improve quality and decorum.

There is another option. Make the forum transparent so posters can't hide behind anonymous avatars. Might get fewer posting but I suspect it would improve quality and decorum.

I’m not so sure
I would be tempted to simply chuck out the abusive posts
Surely folk would get the message pretty quickly.
It’s maybe not what the forum wants though.

I’m not so sure

A few of the worse ones do get deleted. Have been for a long time, so I guess the answer is, unfortunately, people don't get the message.
I'd be tempted by a type of "three strikes" and you get a month off type of moderation.
In the middle of your third (or fourth) G&T you can sometimes write things you wouldn't have written when stone cold sober.

I’m not so sure

I think everyone would agree that the forum is an excellent resource that we all value. IMHO removing anonimity would spell more effective bans for repeated transgressors. Posters who genuinely value their membership would I believe then moderate their own responses so that the need for censure would be diminished and all would benefit. Everyone has something to offer and something to gain in being civil.

No he won't ... he'd much prefer to provoke Karol and sit back fanning the flames..

There's a fire smouldering already over on Karols new thread ... we need the mods to do a bit of weeding I think.

He's a know-little sniping at someone who has a far greater knowledge of the subject than most of us here.

Bugger !

I started reading this thread and thought "How nice and friendly, what a nice change that everyone is positive....."
Unfortunately I should have stopped after the first couple of pages....I read through to page 6 before a canned it

We can't help but inject all that malice and emnity into this forum.

Let's try to keep it civil and helpful.
I have learn't an huge amount, one of the things that I have learnt is that there is more than one way to skin a rabbit....just because someone might do it differently doesnt mean that they are wrong.

Less point scoring and more generosity please.

one of the things that I have learnt is that there is more than one way to skin a rabbit.....

I was about to write that that is a horrible thing to do a rabbit ...in a humorous sort of way and then realised that in the present forum mood this might be construed as me being really serious rather than poking fun at a well used metaphor....a difficulty with fora...
I concur with your point, threads start out and degenerate. It's quite illuminating to read through threads and see whose post first starts the degeneration.

Last edited:

The issue with that is how much time it would take.

Don't change anything, it's pouring with rain, I can't get round the bees. The landing needs two strips of paper putting up, or I can sit here and be entertained by reading what the muppets with no social life post.
It's a no brainer put the kettle on and keep reading.

Don't change anything, it's pouring with rain, I can't get round the bees. The landing needs two strips of paper putting up, or I can sit here and be entertained by reading what the muppets with no social life post.
It's a no brainer put the kettle on and keep reading.

You win post of the month for that,made me laugh :winner1st:

Many of them stopped posting with the arrival of two particularly unpleasant creatures - Flabellum and Thymallus.. thankfully both received lifetime bans and will never be missed .

I knew there was a reason I rarely visit this forum.
Doubt I will bother again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back