Not changed much here has it?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The WBKA Convention in March .. Builth Wells .. not sure of the date yet. Come along and see what nice people we really are ... not as some would portray us at all ... There you are ... You're invited. Bring the cake.

I have never said you (or anybody else) are not a nice person (well with one exception that we best not talk about ;)). Sadly I don't have time to attend conventions. I am working on this and should a more time on my hands in a few years. Would love to have a trip to then.

There are times when remembering positives while sweeping negatives away is the only thing keeping you going.
Nostalgia ain’t what it used to be but it beats dying

Sorry...just realised I forgot to add smilies...it was meant humorously...
;)

But it was a good time for the forum. yes there were the odd grumps but my experience was a positive one and I made some life long friends here. I was a new beekeeper, terrified of my charges and left in the lurch by my supposed mentor and the school who started the beekeeping group. The people of this forum were a huge support so yes, I have very fond memories.

Kaz, you are more or less describing how the current forum is. There are still some grumps about, some who take themselves far to seriously and a myriad shades in between.
I've also been fortunate enough to make some very good friends from the forum and hope to make many more....

Kaz, you are more or less describing how the current forum is. There are still some grumps about, some who take themselves far to seriously and a myriad shades in between.
I've also been fortunate enough to make some very good friends from the forum and hope to make many more....

That is very good to know! Some great people here :)

The WBKA Convention in March .. Builth Wells .. not sure of the date yet. Come along and see what nice people we really are ... not as some would portray us at all ... There you are ... You're invited. Bring the cake.

I loved the one last year. Seeing dear friends and sent home with various jars of honey, tea towels, home made cakes and a box of dead wasps. What's not to love?! ;)

Agreed, I'm no fan of traps and will always advise other ways of deterring wasps but if they are going to be used then we can at least make use of the kinds of wasps the traps catch. In my request I was going to link the The Big Wasp Survey, they have been collecting the wasps in traps for a couple of years now and identifying what is in them but I don't know if they will reply with what species of wasps were in your sample so if anyone is interested I'd be happy to do that then send those records on. I have asked permission to start the thread with it being a request. Am waiting a reply.

Good to hear your enthusiasm continues unabated Kaz.

Not a big fan of the Big Wasp Survey. Was asked to contribute to Country File but dissented. There are far better and more scientific ways to survey wasp populations than use traps which scew results based on their design. Suggested these other non destructive methods (via the Country File researcher) but they were simply booted into touch.

Not a big fan of the Big Wasp Survey. Was asked to contribute to Country File but dissented. There are far better and more scientific ways to survey wasp populations than use traps which scew results based on their design. Suggested these other non destructive methods (via the Country File researcher) but they were simply booted into touch.

Well I never - they didn't rate your opinion - funny that. Much watch more countryfile :icon_204-2::smilielol5::icon_204-2:

Is there any need for that?
The sooner this forum gets back to the way it used to be without unnecessary sniping the better.

Well it made me laugh - so yes.

How come its OK for Jenkins to makes jokes - seems to be accepted and welcomed back as a hero to the free world - but when others and poke fun - well this is not how this forum should be?

Can you not see the double standard at work here - even a little bit?

Hello again Karol! I agree with you, but these traps exist and people use them so we may as well get something out of it instead of all of that information going to waste.

Hello again Karol! I agree with you, but these traps exist and people use them so we may as well get something out of it instead of all of that information going to waste.

It’s a bit of citizen science isn’t it? And while it’s not peer reviewed scientific journal stuff it does engage people and that can’t be bad.
It’s a bit like Project Splatter.

Were it that simple. To my mind it is wrong on so many levels. To explain will require a new thread and I'm at a loose end for a few days so I'll start it off.

Were it that simple. To my mind it is wrong on so many levels. To explain will require a new thread and I'm at a loose end for a few days so I'll start it off.

Well what do you know - lets have a wasp trap thread. :drool5::drool5:

You can always just ignore
Ignorance seems to be your forte

No he won't ... he'd much prefer to provoke Karol and sit back fanning the flames..

There's a fire smouldering already over on Karols new thread ... we need the mods to do a bit of weeding I think.

Well what do you know - lets have a wasp trap thread. :drool5::drool5:

This just reflects how nasty some on this forum have become of late. Trapping wasps is really helping the environment I'm sure, when we are all banging on about the reducing insect numbers.

This just reflects how nasty some on this forum have become of late. Trapping wasps is really helping the environment I'm sure, when we are all banging on about the reducing insect numbers.

It’s not about trapping wasps though is it? It’s just about gleefully waiting for the thread to degenerate into the usual slanging match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back