Not changed much here has it?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially when they are not around and unable to respond!!! Every bit of advice I have had of them have been really useful. Perhaps some should 'grow' a sense of humour...

Any of this sound helpful?
What poppycock?
Yeah, right. I believe statements like that are plain rubbish, too.

Then they complain when their rubbish is challenged. Thin skin, by the sounds of it. Using that as an excuse for their shortcomings,
I might suggest you need to go back to school and start learning how not to dig yourself into a deeper hole and to learn how to read properly.

Well, for my part I have had my beekeeping bacon saved by these two and their sound advice and I’ve never had a bad word directed my way so I’m keeping out of it. :D:D

I would welcome you back but I can't find a single post of yours that has any value whatsoever. You only seem to turn up when there is a an opportunity to have a go at RAB, JBM or the Cornish fraternity .. funny that isn't it ?

Don't you think comparing their 36,000 posts to his 34 rather puts the odds of having said something useful rather in their favour?
Even the Aussie rambling bot will have come up with something that makes sense by then.

Well, for my part I have had my beekeeping bacon saved by these two and their sound advice and I’ve never had a bad word directed my way so I’m keeping out of it. :D:D

lol, don't think that counts as keeping out of it,

so I’m keeping out of it. :D:D

Don't blame you.... :D
Those comments where directed at me when I suggested to RAB that bees need to dilute pure honey ( to less than 50% sugar) in order to be able to metabolise it. I don't think basic bee biology is one of his strong points :laughing-smiley-014

Good to have you back, E.

And as to the other matter on this thread, RAB and JBM are two of my favourite members of this forum. The former may be short of patience with, and the latter easily provoked by fools, but they're both among the most helpful who post here.

Good to have you back, E.

And as to the other matter on this thread, RAB and JBM are two of my favourite members of this forum. The former may be short of patience with, and the latter easily provoked by fools, but they're both among the most helpful who post here.

Where’s the like button?

Although they are clever fellows and know there onions bee wise both have tried to belittle me many many times and in my book i hope the two of them stay banned forever..you on the other hand have good advice with positivity and so do many other good members without the constant pokes to get a bite added on..we have one such troll on your thread that i am desperately trying to ignore..but it is not looking good..

Although they are clever fellows and know there onions bee wise both have tried to belittle me many many times and in my book i hope the two of them stay banned forever..you on the other hand have good advice with positivity and so do many other good members without the constant pokes to get a bite added on..we have one such troll on your thread that i am desperately trying to ignore..but it is not looking good..

Me? I’m perfect :D

Don't you think comparing their 36,000 posts to his 34 rather puts the odds of having said something useful rather in their favour?
Even the Aussie rambling bot will have come up with something that makes sense by then.

Best read through all 34 of his sporadic posts and see if you can find one that's of any value then .. I couldn't.

By comparison both RAB and JBM have countless posts that show an immense knowledge of beekeeping, provide sage advice and challenge bad advice and ignorance.

No comparison whatsoever .. I will be surprised if we ever see the likes of them on this forum again. Tragic loss and when you look at others we have lost I do wonder if it will ever recover.

The few muppets who could not see the value in their posts are the ones who should be censured.

The few muppets who could not see the value in their posts are the ones who should be censured.

I don't think many dispute the contribution, but it in no way excuses the all too common belittling tone that accompanies information. Beyond that both have/had a habit of joining posts with no contribution other than to attack a particular poster. Bans aren't thrown about lightly here, if you can't wind your neck in when warned, what option remains ?

I don't think many dispute the contribution, but it in no way excuses the all too common belittling tone that accompanies information. Beyond that both have/had a habit of joining posts with no contribution other than to attack a particular poster. Bans aren't thrown about lightly here, if you can't wind your neck in when warned, what option remains ?

1. Beyond that both have/had a habit of joining posts with no contribution other than to attack a particular poster

Theres a few more like that on here that don't seem to get banned for bad behaviour.

2. Bans aren't thrown about lightly here, if you can't wind your neck in when warned, what option remains

Warned ? I don't think so, not as far as I could see - certainly JBM wasn't.

3. I don't think many dispute the contribution, but it in no way excuses the all too common belittling tone that accompanies information

I only ever saw posts that were challenging bad advice or incorrect information or in response to those few who seemed to take a delight in goading both JBM and RAB ... and then crying when challenged.

If it was fair and bans went as well to those who prompted and poked I would have nothing to say about it. Fairness and Even handedness are important if a forum is going to be moderated.

Lack of fairness and even hands from the moderator was what killed the BBKA forum and led to the formation of this forum. We need to be careful we are not following the same path.

Last edited:
That's a special pair of rose tinted glasses you have there.
I can think of half a dozen occasions off the top of my head when Jbm's posts have been deleted by moderators. How much warning did he need?
If you truly haven't seen reason for a ban, then clearly you should be thanking the moderators for cleaning up his abusive posts instead of questioning their impartiality.

Welcome back and I am pleased you have managed to keep some bees.

I'm sure Karol will be back once the wasps start attacking with his sound advice, I'll certainly be on the phone when Velutina appears.

I'm still on a facebook ban, banned for using the word Buckfast, some idiot here has copyrighted it and is throwing his weight around. Moderating is a tough job.

Welcome back and I am pleased you have managed to keep some bees.

I'm sure Karol will be back once the wasps start attacking with his sound advice, I'll certainly be on the phone when Velutina appears.

I'm still on a facebook ban, banned for using the word Buckfast, some idiot here has copyrighted it and is throwing his weight around. Moderating is a tough job.

Hi Mark
Missed you on FB.
Maybe you should call yourself Keld then you could advertise there :)

I would welcome you back but I can't find a single post of yours that has any value whatsoever. You only seem to turn up when there is a an opportunity to have a go at RAB, JBM or the Cornish fraternity .. funny that isn't it ?
pargyle
My amount of posts are irrelevant. My observation was about their arrogance and ignorant attitude. There are lots of posters on this and other fora that are just as knowledgeable and some a damn sight better, without their arrogant sarcasm etc.
How long do you think a teacher would last with likewise attitude?
buzzin

pargyle
My amount of posts are irrelevant. My observation was about their arrogance and ignorant attitude. There are lots of posters on this and other fora that are just as knowledgeable and some a damn sight better, without their arrogant sarcasm etc.
How long do you think a teacher would last with likewise attitude?
buzzin

Another one for the valueless pile.
At least Jbm and o90o post mostly about bees rather than people, or rather they used to:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back