NHS - Poor Cost Control

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was brought up in Welwyn Garden City. I remember the terrific noise and the strange looking tail of the Sea Vixen's flying over from de Havilland's in Hatfield.

Don't recall that but as a schoolboy I recall watching Vulcan bombers flying overhead from RAF Finningly towards the north sea morning and evening plus Bloodhound and Thor missiles being stationed at Breighton. Fortunately the missiles weren't flying.😎
I used to go to Finningley Air Display every year in the 1960's... the sight and sound of the Vulcans and Victors doing low level passes and then putting the power on for a climb had to be one of the most memorable sights and sounds ever. It used to be a magnificent show with loads of static displays and an air display that would never be allowed in today's health and safety regime. Great days out ...

Watched loads of Bloodhound missiles be fired off on the Aberporth range along with all the other sorts of missiles that were tested.

neither does mine really, being descended from Welsh royalty who can reach back further than the current importees we find it rather middle class 😁

Several of mine were hung for Border Reiving ( cattle theft ) in the Scottish Lowlands..
(I would imagine Welsh kings did a lot of reiving) :devilish:

Nothing new to the NHS wasting money.
A few years ago I had to have daily injections of antibiotics.
The hospital sent the syringes etc via taxi every Tuesday, a distance of around 25 miles each way. I had to sign a delivery note
This went on for 9 months, every week.
I attended the hospital every Monday for checks, they would not allow me to take the medication home with me on Monday.
Beggars belief.

Don't recall that but as a schoolboy I recall watching Vulcan bombers flying overhead from RAF Finningly towards the north sea morning and evening plus Bloodhound and Thor missiles being stationed at Breighton. Fortunately the missiles weren't flying.😎
I worked on Vulcans, and did a short spell ( 6 weeks familiarity course) on the missiles. Also worked on Spits and Ansons etc.. Also did an introduction course on the TSR2 just before it was scrapped.

Yes, it was thin, brittle and slightly shiny. My microbiologist colleague told me that, when it was superseded, the number of specimens from subjects with infective diarrhoea submitted to the Public Health Laboratory declined significantly...
And there were little coloured pictures of Dutch(?) kids interleaved too so one could get a collection of them together and stick on ones bedromm wall. At least that is what I did.

he was only a pseudo Welshman, my lineage goes back much further than his, in actual fact one of my ancestors founded the Tudor dynasty and he actually codified laws to protect bees, beekeepers and makers of mead.

SWMBO and I once entertained a rather eccentric professor to lunch and I made the mistake of mentioning that I've traced my family back to a marriage in1697. Whereupon the professor recited his lineage with solemnity and in great detail. It was a relief when he finally ended with his earliest ancestor, Pericles.......

Latest posts

Back