New Year Resolution

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...Donate to the forum? I'm sure with a bit more moolah we could have some additional resources - any ideas?

Become a better bee keeper (lots of scope there)
Think about taking a module for next year
Convert to 100% plastic foundation / one piece frames
Requeen all my nasty colonies for Buckfast & NL
Make up lots of starter colonies (not for general sale before anyone asks)
Create a new forum Quiz if there is still interest
Reread some bee books
Avoid needing a 3rd back operation in as many years
Give up smoking

Should keep me busy for a few months!

New Year's Day Prayer

Dear Lord

So far this year I've done well.

I haven't gossiped, I haven't lost my temper, I haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or overindulgent. I'm very thankful for that. But in a few minutes, Lord, I'm going to get out of bed, and from then on I'm probably going to need a lot more help.

Amen

"I haven't gossiped, I haven't lost my temper, I haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or overindulgent."

Not been on the forum then!!!!

My resolution is to not bash the BBKA on the forum.
Yes they have their faults but we need to encourage new beekeepers/BBKA members to post here,not drive them away..
And i fully agree with this as well,it does this forum no favours at all being used as a platform to continually bash the BBKA.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

My resolution is to not bash the BBKA on the forum.
Yes they have their faults but we need to encourage new beekeepers/BBKA members to post here,not drive them away..

The dark side of the force is strong with this one... ;) ;) ;) ;)

But no, :iagree: as easily no. 1 beeking forum in UK, we should set a good example...

Mine is to replace the broken hook behind my office door so that i can keep my coat better accessible at all times!

QUOTE=drstitson;199915]Mine is to replace the broken hook behind my office door so that i can keep my coat better accessible at all times![/QUOTE]

:D:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:
Are you going for the forum award for next year as well just to have a matching pair on the mantelpiece?!

A nice pair is always welcome!!!!! (eh, Mons Ab, eh! nudge, nudge!)

IGMC!

seriously - i need the awards as "punctuation" to space out the 3 trophies resulting from my NHS entries (2 national; 1 county) on the mantlepiece.

Last edited:
This will be my second full year as a beekeeper. My first resolution is to artificially swarm my two colonies before they swarm and become a problem for the neighbours. Last year's early spring caught me on the hop. A second resolution is to enter some honey in our local shows. Bring on the spring....

I really need to resolve not to spend quite so much time reading the forum - but on the other hand, I enjoy it and learn a lot!

I really need to resolve not to spend quite so much time reading the forum - but on the other hand, I enjoy it and learn a lot!

And it keeps you sane - or at least it makes you realise you're not the maddest person in the world:willy_nilly::)

Re the spray deodorant. Apparently a woman did some research on the links between spray on deodorant and cancer. She found that right handed people often got it in the left armpit and left handed people often got it in their right. She concluded that this resulted from the higher dose of deodorant hitting those areas. The results were so significant that she and all her family stopped using it. She suggested washing a lot more. I forget her name now because it was years ago. I have copied her - and no I'm not smelly - I have checked (even the bees don't notice). There is always a roll on if I've got hard physical work to do.

Latest posts

Back