New Year Resolution

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Miriads
:Angel_anim:

To get at least one new beekeeper up and running in 2012 with a colony of bees for free from my own apiary.... and I know just the girl !​

:Angel_anim:

To get at least one new beekeeper up and running in 2012 with a colony of bees for free from my own apiary.... and I know just the girl !​

Ditto - except that I have promised a retired bloke who wants a new hobby. Wish me luck 'cos I think I might need it!!!:eek::beatdeadhorse5:

I don't really do New Year resolutions on the grounds that if I feel I need to or should do something then I might as well get on with it rather than waiting for our planet to return to a given point in its orbit of our local star.

However, this year, thanks to the sheer coincidence of my eight year old son discussing it with me at dinner today, I have come as close as I'm ever likely to get. It isn't bee-related though. It's to take him, plus as many other friends and their children as I can get interested, sea-fishing, with the intention of eating what we catch. Bearing in mind that I've never fished before (neither sea nor fresh water), this may turn out to be something of an adventure :)

James

jamez if you want to fish from the shore apparently watchet harbour is good going, but if you are going out on a boat then apparently minhead watchet are thumbs up, but wait for the weather to dry out as OH says there is too much fresh water in the channel. Sounds like a great idea to me and if they are interested then its got to be better than them sitting infront of telly or computer. Easy fishing would be wait until the summer and take them mackeral bashing - rarely do you come home without a fish and makeral are lovely and bite size!

I dont do new years resolutions, rarely do new year either due to milking rotas! usually as you said if it needs doing then do it dont wait for next new year

jamez if you want to fish from the shore apparently watchet harbour is good going, but if you are going out on a boat then apparently minhead watchet are thumbs up, but wait for the weather to dry out as OH says there is too much fresh water in the channel. Sounds like a great idea to me and if they are interested then its got to be better than them sitting infront of telly or computer. Easy fishing would be wait until the summer and take them mackeral bashing - rarely do you come home without a fish and makeral are lovely and bite size!

I dont do new years resolutions, rarely do new year either due to milking rotas! usually as you said if it needs doing then do it dont wait for next new year
Wachet harbour . now that brings back happy memories :)
I visited it a couple of times whilst down to see Hivemaker , Beautiful part of the country .
VM

My resolution is to not bash the BBKA on the forum.
Yes they have their faults but we need to encourage new beekeepers/BBKA members to post here,not drive them away..

My resolution is to not bash the BBKA on the forum.
Yes they have their faults but we need to encourage new beekeepers/BBKA members to post here,not drive them away..

And i fully agree with this as well,it does this forum no favours at all being used as a platform to continually bash the BBKA.

a good new years resolution I think. :thumbsup:

Never ever again to discuss Oxalic Acid or Oxalic dihydrated concentration on the forum with Finman other than to state the NBU method of how to make 3.2% W/V

which according to my trading standard officer is the only oxalic concentration i can use on my bees

Last edited:
It's to take him, plus as many other friends and their children as I can get interested, sea-fishing, with the intention of eating what we catch. Bearing in mind that I've never fished before (neither sea nor fresh water), this may turn out to be something of an adventure :)

James

I was brought up to catch and eat fish on holidays. Now I don't. My youngest three went fishing when away with their father...eldest of the three went away pescatarian....and hasn't touched fish since. Fish have as much of a right to be killed (if they must be) humanely (debate not sought - I don't eat meat or fish) as livestock. Learn the ropes beforehand...

Never ever again to discuss Oxalic Acid or Oxalic dihydrated concentration on the forum with Finman other than to state the NBU method of how to make 3.2% W/V

which according to my trading standard officer is the only oxalic concentration i can use on my bees

;)

It's not about Oxalic Acid or Oxalic dihydrated concentrations, I think he has a problem in general with UK beekeepers and UK beekeeping, or is it just me that picks this up?:rolleyes:

What can I say, I see what I see.... that's just how I am.....

My New Years resolution is to stop using spray on deodorant .
ROLLON 2012

Having never made candles from my left over wax that is what my aim shall be this year.

happy New Year everyone

James

Fish have as much of a right to be killed (if they must be) humanely as livestock. ...

:iagree:
Have a few colleagues who have given up meat 'on welfare grounds' but don't give a fig about what happens to the fish - and one of them could eat a whole tuna in a siting so we're talking a lot of fish! (I eat both but care about what happens to them) again - no debate intended :)
My resolution is to try and be more tolerant and nicer to other people (not easy in my job I can tell you with some of the stuff I see!)

Back