New Birthday Suite

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellectronic

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5 in National,s .
Hello all,
Do not panic yet, I am not about to do beekeeping in my birthday suite !
However I am looking for info about all in one professional bee-suites .

I am wondering what your views are are on suits ?

My starter suite , which consists of top only ,veil and gloves are now in their third year and require replacement but it got me started .
My GF asked me what I would like for my birthday next month (I hinted new suite) and she understands some suits can cost over £100.
So I am in a very fortunate position.
Any info is much appreciated
Thanks all.

BB or Sherriff
(one is offspring of the other but not sure which)
I have BB all in one with fencing veil. They are lightweight and wash a dream (veil and all) They come in a bewildering array of colours :)

bee suit

Hello all,
Do not panic yet, I am not about to do beekeeping in my birthday suite !
However I am looking for info about all in one professional bee-suites .

I am wondering what your views are are on suits ?

My starter suite , which consists of top only ,veil and gloves are now in their third year and require replacement but it got me started .
My GF asked me what I would like for my birthday next month (I hinted new suite) and she understands some suits can cost over £100.
So I am in a very fortunate position.
Any info is much appreciated
Thanks all.

BB wear

BB Wear are one of possibly two of finest manufactures of bee protective clothing. Our association gets discount too

how is the best way to wash
BB suits are a 60c wash, hoody part in the sleeve and bung it in the washing machine, if you have a retro round hat then hand wash separately.

I feel a bit strange now talking about a woman's job :willy_nilly:

I feel a bit strange now talking about a woman's job

when I saw the thread title I half thought we'd be discussing dressing tables with vanity tops....

BB suits are a 60c wash, hoody part in the sleeve and bung it in the washing machine, if you have a retro round hat then hand wash separately.

I feel a bit strange now talking about a woman's job :willy_nilly:

Coming from a woman.....Better to tuck the veil inside the top and zip up; better than bending the veil into the sleeve.
Wash at 40˚
I use ecover

I'd suggest making sure your association is registered with BB for their discount. If not, they need to make the phone call!

And if you are in any way an odd shape or size, you might be interested to note that BB offer a made-to-measure option for £10 extra (which I think is a bargain).

They do offer some strange colours - if that floats your boat. But the point here is that if you ring them up, they will send you small samples of their material in whatever colours you might wish to check out.

:iagree:

Ecover washing liquid and I sometimes add a scoop of washing soda. I think BB recommend 50C but 40 works fine.

BB, best suit I've had, very similar to sh**iff but with more face room (fencing style) & slightly cheaper.

And for a tener BBWear will embroider your name on the top pocket - very cool.

I have this one. Can't fault it.

http://tomaszlyson.co.uk/index.php?id_product=1292&controller=product&id_lang=1

912-thickbox_default.jpg

Smock style fencing top from T's, suits me fine, and I wont get upset when it tears

Distributed by Abelo in the UK £55 including delivery ...very good value .. anyone else got one ?

http://www.abelo.co.uk/product-category/protective-clothing/beekeeping-suit-hat/

I have to replace the hood zip on mine .. cheap plastic zipper only lasted one season ... £20 to replace via local tailor/repairs place .. at £55 it's not a huge jump to buy another suit instead.

Very happy with mine, no zip issues. Wrist thickness on sleeves is v. generous, could probably get my ankle in.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back