Nektapoll or Neopoll

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beehive

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 currently
Just wondered what's the difference with Nektapoll and Neopoll, or is it just the manufacturer. We used Nektapoll last year end of Feb, beginning of March. I looked for it again this year and only one place does it that I could see. I did find Neopoll someplace else. Does anybody know the best one to use and where the cheapest place to buy it is?

Used Neopoll last year and it was fine.
Been out of stock at MB for quite a while though.

Used Neopoll last year and it was fine.
Been out of stock at MB for quite a while though.

along with shed loads of other stuff I want! Should I be worried?

along with shed loads of other stuff I want! Should I be worried?

Have been thinking the same thing.
I would be really P****d off having invested in a couple of hives worth(one Nat and one cobbled 14 x 12).
I really like the top space.

If Neopoll has real pollen in it should I be worried about the source of the pollen and potential contaminants. Would I be better going for the substitute?

Last edited:
Neopoll is made in Germany and according to the packet contains only pollen from Germany. The Germans are very hot on rules and regulations so I would have no worries about contamination. As others have said, the bees take Neopoll very readily.

Presumably real pollen would be better than substitute. I understand what you mean about Germany's rules and regs re contaminents but don't Bayer originate in Germany?

Was it not Bavaria where the GM pollen in honey problem began?

Was it not Bavaria where the GM pollen in honey problem began?

I think it would have started in america, they probably just detected it first in Germany.

Pollen substitute is usually soya flour, and most soya globally now is, or is mixed with, GM strains.

I think it would have started in america, they probably just detected it first in Germany.

The point being is German pollen likely to contain GM material and if it does are there any implications for the UK bee keeper who uses it?

Just don't give it to them at all.

There's no need.

Pollen is the bees natural and best food source.

I don't see the need to keep giving bees inferior food products all the time.
Sugar feeding, pollen feeding. Unless if it is an emergency. Bees will be fine without it.

Just don't give it to them at all.

There's no need.

Pollen is the bees natural and best food source.

I don't see the need to keep giving bees inferior food products all the time.
Sugar feeding, pollen feeding. Unless if it is an emergency. Bees will be fine without it.

I think it depends on your local environment and priorities.

My area is not particularly good for forage, being predominantly mono crop fields. Over the past couple of years the early starting OSR has been responsible for over 50% of the honey produced by my bees.

However I'm learning that the OSR flow can get going well before my bees are up to strength to deal with it. So, to encourage early brooding (and in light of little alternate pollen in their vicinity) I gave them some Neopoll last year which they lapped up, and I believe helped get them off to a decent start.

Like sugar feeding, I'l do it if I think they need it, not wait for an emergency.

Last edited:
The point being is German pollen likely to contain GM material and if it does are there any implications for the UK bee keeper who uses it?

Why would GMO pollen make a blind bit of difference to non-GMO pollen unless you are selling the honey ? Its still pollen.

If Neopoll has real pollen in it should I be worried about the source of the pollen and potential contaminants. Would I be better going for the substitute?
Neopoll has pollen only from Germany in it. It is produced in Germany and certfied from the manufacture as guarenteed free from diseases, chemical residue and only top quaity German pollen. Have seen it at beetime.co.uk. Sent with instructions for use in English.

You could always put a label on the jar.......honey from the uk containing pollen from Germany!!!!
Tee hee

Do you know the percentage of pollen in Neopoll?

Latest posts

Back