Nektapoll or Neopoll

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what a good question!
On the packaging it details ingredients "Raw protein 2%".
So 1kg Neopoll contains approx. 20g of pollen.

Neopoll has pollen only from Germany in it. It is produced in Germany and certfied from the manufacture as guarenteed free from diseases, chemical residue and only top quaity German pollen.

Personally I couldn't give a stuff about GM pollen and I doubt many bees do either :)

The far more significant issue for me (and my bees) is whether the pollen has been irradiated or not.

P.S. Has it been tested for horse?

Not questioning or defending the possible presence of GM Pollen in this but...if it was just used as supplementary feed on the brood in early spring would it really be detectable in any quantity in honey?

Ray

If Neopoll contains pollen, and Nektapoll contains a substitute, why is the latter almost double the price of the former?

If they're both basically a sugar fondant with added pollen, or a pollen substitute mix, wouldn't it be easy enough for a beekeeper to do the same by using bakers fondant and enough soya, yeast and some liquid to give the same proportion? (It's late, I might not be thinking this through!)

If Neopoll contains pollen, and Nektapoll contains a substitute, why is the latter almost double the price of the former?

I have just looked at one site and they are both the same price..£4.50 per kg

I have just looked at one site and they are both the same price..£4.50 per kg
I guess it depends on the seller, it looks as if the prices vary quite a bit.

The prices I saw were P****s @ Southdown 1kg neopoll is £3.95; ThOrnes 1 kg Nektapoll is £6.95.

They are both the same on Be*time.

Last edited:
Back