National Organisation for England

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dear oh dear oh lord oh christmas....... why over-complicate things? - are we not now in a new century, and can start with a nice clean sheet of paper?
First ask the question "what does it need to do" - for starters, probably provide an online forum where ideas can be exchanged (this one will do), and to start gently with the offer of some insurance so that a certain organisation can't use it as a bullying pawn to force people into membership....... That'll be a simple "pay for a year's subscription here" page, perhaps managed by someone with time on their hands in exchange for a small percentage (simple "print this online certificate" job......)... Well that was blooming difficult!
Keep it simple, keep it "light", use the wonders of the internet - with some clear thinking, it could give more than established societies in time, for a fraction of the cost, and loads less complication (and brown envelopes).
Radical idea - why charge for membership at all? - Why SHOULD money have to change hands?..............:)
Premises? - whaffor?:)

Thank you Brosville,you hit the nail on the head :cheers2:

As PH would say K.I.S.S

RBA --Real Beekeepers Association

Well if it can't be the JPFBKA (Judean People's Front BKA) what about the Continuity BKA and we can appoint Brosville as Quartermaster.

¡Hacia la victoria siempre!

And Jon can be the ....

Answers only on a post card please!

Last edited:
OK Mark,

You seem to think I am sat here plotting world domination ?

My names Mark,not Walter mitty.

Do you fancy being involved ? ask nice and you can have a go with the ball.

Oh dear how sad never mind.

You can shove your ball.

Regards;

Bcrazy,

That's a little harsh.....

Come on Bcrazy,I am only teasing you.
Your one of the good guys.

Bcrazy I think you are in many ways missing the point. Committee's, elections et al sum up everything that is wrong with the current organisation. The way i see it is as follows.

1. Some people will have nothing to do with it, thats their choice.

2.Some will join as an alternative to BBKA membership, for many the insurance arranged through the BBKA is pretty close to creating a monopoly situation and the possibility of abuse of power that can in some situations bring about (chose wording very carefully there)
3.The majority I believe will choose to be members of both, and enjoy benefits from both.

The BBKA is pretty good on education but to be perfectly honest education and insurance aside i see it doing very little else for its members.

David

I do think that an English BKA is worthy of consideration.

Especially now that the threat of serious disease from imported bees has been confirmed.

I'm thinking of those from Scotland of course. Do you think we should build a large wall right across northern England ?

JC. ;) :leaving:

I'm a bit surprised at some of the comments here.

Disease? Where did that spring from?

Committees. Any organisation worthy of the name needs steering, and the best method humanity, civilised humanity that is, has found so far is the committee.

Generally it works well. Like a mini parliament it relies on good will and trust that the members will work to the benefit of the congregation.

With in the thinkers of this congregation I feel confident that enough selfless people are already onside.

I do have faith in humanity.

PH

Nope sorry Mike we cannot go calling it the Easybee beekeepers society. :boxing_smiley:

Why involve the UK aspect at the other nations of the UK already have their long established associations as already mentioned.

ABA Albion Beekeeping Association?

Would give us the alphabetical advantage.

When Total built their first North Sea platform they found that Shell had the Auk. Total promptly called theirs Alwyn.

PH

The commercial guys have their society.

How about calling ours the Amateur Apiarists Association. .... AAA .....

I am very keen to avoid UK as to others it seems very arrogant.

PH

Latest posts

Back