National Honey Show

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete D

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
50+. Double Std National & 14x12
Will be there Friday and Saturday, first visit, taking the wife and staying over.
We have both booked into a couple of workshops and talks. Not sure if it will keep us entertained for 2 days but we will see.
Anybody else going ?

Will be there Friday and Saturday, first visit, taking the wife and staying over.
We have both booked into a couple of workshops and talks. Not sure if it will keep us entertained for 2 days but we will see.
Anybody else going ?
We're fortunate it's a daily commute from here. I need a periodic fix of sitting still in a dark room for hours.

Dropped off my entries today along with a friend. I will have to go on saturday so as to get them back after the show along with the silver (in my dreams) I also spotted another entry I made for someone and is already showing interest.

hoping to be there Saturday afternoon.

another year when i can't get there (or have the time to sort entries) - shame as just a short drive from work.

but at least that leaves the field open for others! (especially anyone entering the baking classes).

Yup, down in the morning earlyish. Workshops Fri and Sat am, stand duties sometime. Couple of lectures and much talking.

Dropped off my entries today along with a friend. I will have to go on saturday so as to get them back after the show along with the silver (in my dreams) I also spotted another entry I made for someone and is already showing interest.

Entered some as well in the Middx Bench and the London Bench, so if there are only two of us who entered thats gold for me and silver for You LOL

Not a chance, if i am honest but the county standards at least you have hope, the Capped frame i took up for a friend looked good

going Friday for the General Husbandary workshop and Module 5 on Satruday morning ( if i get up early enough)

Last edited:
another year when i can't get there (or have the time to sort entries) - shame as just a short drive from work.

but at least that leaves the field open for others! (especially anyone entering the baking classes).

well it wont be there next year, it is moving

Entered some as well in the Middx Bench, so if there are only two of us who entered thats gold for me and silver for You LOL

Not a chance, if i am honest but the county standards at least you have hope, the Capped frame i took up for a friend looked good

going Friday for the General Husbandary workshop and Module 5 on Satruday morning ( if i get up early enough)

Personally will just be happy not to be disqualified.

Entered one bottle of mead in the Middlesex section and if it gets anything you have a stake in it as its your recipe. Other entries a jar of honey in the London section and the innovative beekeeping thingy but that’s a friends who is a bit bashful to enter.

Any chance a member could take some pics for us ?
Previous years, they had live webcams. There was one outside the lectures, very little happening for an hour, then a game of "Where's Wally" *

*Or anyone else you might be able to recognise from a distant overhead shot.

Has anyone noticed the sponsors of the show and one in particular?

No, some one who posts on here and the NHS has got the name of his business wrong in the link, Cannot say more as we are a not a commercial site and naming the business would get the wrath of the moderator (or would it :judge:)

Thanks for that Tom , I did not notice

Not been before, will be about Friday and Saturday and will play 'try and spot the forum member' and for the advanced,............... guess their name.

Unfortunately too far for me to travel. Wish it was somewhere a bit more central and convenient like.................

But then again it was probably on purpose if Veg and i turned up we'd trash the pants off the lot with our award winning honeys!

Entered 8 classes, 3 national, 2 member only, 3 sussex. Just waiting for the results as they haven't been put up on the website yet :(

Back