My first batch!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one, no mater how many you and your bees will produce from now on you will never forget you first crop.

Well done also impressed by the Rumtopf pot Been after a decent one of those for years.

its from 2 supers, was a lot left on the cappings, must improve my technique!!

the bee's were a 5 frame nuc in April!! (from Hivemaker.)

Last edited:
Hi there.

Nice picture!

You need to fill the Rumtopf with fruit and rum rather than kitchen utensils.

I have a Rumtopf in the build up at the moment - only yesterday added apricots....will be a treat in winter.

Greets
Phil

Well done, great pic, looks brilliantnot worthy

After a bit of a disagreement with the bees as to who should have the frame - I extracted about a pound of honey using the crush and strain method, and used my juice extractor to get the last couple of tablespoon fulls out into a separate jar. I was determined to have some for a present for my Dad for his birthday! This is my first hive, so not expecting a real harvest this year - may take another coupleof frames but the rest they can have (this year :) )

well done ,nicely presented too, save your very first jar, and when the going gets tough get it out and remember how you felt when you had your first extraction :)

Latest posts

Back