MS Explorer issue with forum?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris B

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
When I hit "Add Reply" I get loads and loads of pop-up windows, only remedy is Task Manager to kill it.

Only happens with this forum "Add Reply", and only MS Explorer. Google chrome is fine.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

It is you I think...

I use IE9 and IE10 (among others) and both seem fine with the forum.

it is dangerous even admitting using a Microsoft product around here!!

When I hit "Add Reply" I get loads and loads of pop-up windows, only remedy is Task Manager to kill it.

Only happens with this forum "Add Reply", and only MS Explorer. Google chrome is fine.
I take it you mean "Microsoft Internet Explorer"? The pop up windows are, what?, gambling sites, selling medication of one sort or another? Could be a browser hijacked or infected by clicking on something dodgy - not always obvious and other family may be responsible. Annoying rather than life threatening since Chrome works, getting rid of it depends on your OS and IE version and what the infection is. First try, if you need MSIE is update to their latest version.

The pop-ups were something like BT Yahoo cannot find.......
But it was like watching an infinite string of dominoes falling, so hard to catch everything.
Strangely I just tried again and it was fine. Only happened twice. But as you say, Chrome is fine so I'll probably just stick to that.
Thanks

p.s. dodgiest sites I've visited today are washing machine repairs, Facebook and BBKA.

Last edited:
The pop-ups were something like BT Yahoo cannot find.......
Directed to a dodgy sales site, which operates for a short time before closing to stay one step ahead of the authorities. You still have something there if you have not disinfected. As a minimum, I'd make sure you have the latest version of IE with all the patches. Always worth having an alternative browser, chrome is good but maybe becoming more popular and therefore a target itself - I use Opera.

I use Mozilla Firefox, never had a problem.

p.s. dodgiest sites I've visited today are washing machine repairs, Facebook and BBKA.

Facebook is dodgy. I once read (don't ask me to find it now!), one in twenty facebook pages are infected.

hi Chris use your restore pro gramme and go back to a date it was not happening works every time for me don't lose any info as well

He visited the BBKA Website ~

Heresy ... Heresy .... Heresy

Errrmmm......

........ excuse me, but........

....................... do you have a license for declaring someone a heretic?

I do.

Unlicensed heretic accusers are a serious but unrecognised problem nowadays.

You stick to your job and leave heretic chasing to the experts, if you don't mind!

Dusty

Sounds a reasonable argument to me Dusty. Do you get any iron brazier and implements of torture along with the licence to practice - sort of pole of office variety. Instant height gain ratchet programs?

Looks like Pargyle may have had a front seat at one of your recent workshops . . .

Errrmmm......

........ excuse me, but........

....................... do you have a license for declaring someone a heretic?

I do.

Unlicensed heretic accusers are a serious but unrecognised problem nowadays.

You stick to your job and leave heretic chasing to the experts, if you don't mind!

Dusty

Sorry Dusty ,,, didn't see you lurking there - was just exercising my right as a lifetime member of the Match Lighters and Bonfire Burners Association - I'll leave the heretic accusations to the professionals in the future !

Latest posts

Back