Mobile honey extracting line for Anglesey beekeeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDM;619806 said:
Ahh, you think it's lack of forethought that sees people grow up in poverty, with absent/abusive parents in areas of high drug and drink use. If only everyone knew how to do simply eradicate crime.
Money was not taken from the NHS for this it came from funding set aside for enterprise. If you have a problem with that, vote accordingly next election.
I'm far more interested in your allegations that some deception was used to obtain funding

It's Wales so the money comes from the English taxpayer..

madasafish;619807 said:

There's a first, someone living in the North West upset money from the capital is spent elsewhere. No doubt an avid brexit supporter too.

ShinySideUp;619800 said:
Indeed, perhaps whomsoever has managed to get the rest of us to pay for their enterprise has amazing intentions regarding less-fortunate members of society but that doesn't necessarily justify the huge cost of what can only be described as a flight-of-fancy. Twenty years ago I had to borrow money to pay for an angioplasty to save my life because the NHS waiting list was so long I was probably going to die waiting -- it cost eight thousand pounds -- so you'll forgive me for feeling a little bit put out when good money is provided for something that could be done in set of sheds placed in appropriate places for a fraction of the price paid for this monstrosity with almost no running costs.

At risk of being very controversial I might add that if the inmates of Wrexham prison had had a little more forethought they would not be in that position to start with.

:iagree: Wholeheartedly... to excuse any pun.

I am fed up with seeing public money being spent on these so called social enterprises that are in fact just paying huge salaries to their directors by way of "expenses"... parliament was one of them some time back?

Yeah, pay money instead to an individual to correct a lifetime of dietary overindulgence and lack of exercise instead. Makes perfect sense. Not to mention that this is funding for equipment not salaries.
Who's money is it you think should be spent on social enterprises?
North Wales Beekeeper on fat cat salary PMSL
You don't know much about Beekeeping do you.

Gee...what a bitter lot you are.

The lady in question seems to be quite progressive and forward looking but comes up against opinions that are introspective and even regressive.

The pic is a library shot from the makers.....in no way can it be said that this is the one she has obtained. We don't know unless she tells herself. You can get them made to fit inside mobile horseboxes or trailer you can tow in behind your 4x4. I know as I investigated it myself to save hauling our honey boxes up to Scotland from our southern units and just getting the trader to collect the drums from the sites with a wagon fitted with a Moffit.

Whether she is truly at a scale to need such a thing I do not know. Is it available for others to use on contract? I don't know but I suspect some who don't like spending hours bogged down in traditionality in dark ages little units might consider hiring her if available.

It will have been funded by a package of things and I suspect from the nature of the project and the stated funding level it may well be a LEADER project. In which case you should perhaps stop behaving so sneeringly and trying to damage someone with the temerity to do something different, and remember that after 2018 this funding is not likely to be available, as it will have been significantly EU funded. For LEADER there should also be at least some concept of co-operative intent in the proposal.

Good on her. Suspect sour grapes are at play.

Into the lions den;619821 said:

Nothing sour my end...apart from envy. Want but cannot (yet!) afford. Interesting to know they come in different shapes and sizes. Hope for me yet....now wheres that grant application pad.

Into the lions den;619821 said:
Gee...what a bitter lot you are.

The lady in question seems to be quite progressive and forward looking but comes up against opinions that are introspective and even regressive.
Is it available for others to use on contract? I don't know but I suspect some who don't like spending ours bogged down in traditionality in dark ages little units might consider hiring her if available.

Too true !
Use of the trailer has been offered provisionally ( she doesn't have it yet) to a least 2 other north Wales beekeepers I know of.
But I doubt that will silence those with no knowledge of her or the business she's built.

SDM;619826 said:
Too true !
Use of the trailer has been offered provisionally ( she doesn't have it yet) to a least 2 other north Wales beekeepers I know of.
But I doubt that will silence those with no knowledge of her or the business she's built.

Does the hire of the trailer include guests of hmp wrexham? :)

SDM;619819 said:
Yeah, pay money instead to an individual to correct a lifetime of dietary overindulgence and lack of exercise instead. Makes perfect sense. Not to mention that this is funding for equipment not salaries.
North Wales Beekeeper on fat cat salary PMSL
You don't know much about Beekeeping do you.

:hairpull:

Good question... but is this a "social enterprise" or a scheme to provide an individual with some very expensive kit?

At first glance the latter?

You don't know much about Beekeeping do you

Was this question aimed at any one person or generally at the other 10000 people who contribute to this forum... or not?

Either way shows your arrogance and level of self opinionated carp which most to hazzard a guess do not wish to have shoved in our faces??

:sorry:
Were you at the BBKA ADM by any chance?:icon_204-2:

Cheers;619830 said:
:hairpull:

Good question... but is this a "social enterprise" or a scheme to provide an individual with some very expensive kit?

At first glance the latter?

You don't know much about Beekeeping do you

Was this question aimed at any one person or generally at the other 10000 people who contribute to this forum... or not?

Either way shows your arrogance and level of self opinionated carp which most to hazzard a guess do not wish to have shoved in our faces??

:sorry:
Were you at the BBKA ADM by any chance?:icon_204-2:

Memory failing you ? It was you who said it was a social enterprise. Perhaps in future you'll take your "first glance" before you're 8th post on the subject. You may just appear less ignorant. On the subject of which..
It wasn't a question it was a statement/ rhetorical question aimed at you and no other( quoting you should really have made that clear) based on your belief that a north Wales Beekeeping business is paying a fat salary to a "director".

madasafish;619807 said:

We do enjoy the odd crumb from the high table, it's why we're amongst the richest regions in western Europe thanks to the kindly governance from our lords and masters, not.

I expected this one to run and run!
The press release was issued by BBKA. It was not issued by the Welsh Government. I queried this with Felin Honeybees via Facebook, and my comments were swiftly deleted.

In May 2017, one of our members sold 10 hives of bees to Felin Honeybees. Reason for sale was his ill health. Full payment was requested many times, but was not received. The matter was resolved last month, with a County Court Judgment against Felin Honeybees, and an order to pay approx 10 x £300 per month installments.
How does that look when you go asking for grants? Do the grant-giving bodies check up on the applicant's background?
Peter McFadden, Secretary, Conwy Beekeepers Limited, a non profit company limited by guarantee.

madasafish;619807 said:

Of course - great innit, haven't paid a penny NI or tax in my life, thankyou English taxpayers for allowing me to risk my life and serious injury in the front line of drugs enforcement, spent weeks, sometimes months away from my home and family bobbing around in something no better than motorised recycled bean tin patrolling British waters, rummaging around in the vermin infested darkness of filthy cargo ships -and all tax free!!
I shall remember that this evening as I raise a glass to a late lamented colleague on the twenty fifth anniverary of his death - during a drugs search of a Nigerian cargo ship, never to see they joy of his children and growing up.

But remember it was my forefathers who toiled in the bowels of the earth, or sweated at the furnaces to line the pockets of you English parasites to enable you to pay income tax in the first place!!
But then, this arrogance doesn't surprise me in the least.

SDM;619806 said:
Ahh, you think it's lack of forethought that sees people grow up in poverty, with absent/abusive parents in areas of high drug and drink use. If only everyone knew how to do simply eradicate crime.
Money was not taken from the NHS for this it came from funding set aside for enterprise. If you have a problem with that, vote accordingly next election.
I'm far more interested in your allegations that some deception was used to obtain funding

I made no allegations, I merely put forward a thought. I have no more idea that you do about how this woman came about a grant, I've never met her and you seem only to have gleaned your information from a Facebook account! My own wife was from a broken home in a deprived area and she grew up to be a thoroughly nice person who has never committed a crime nor taken drugs, she loves animals and is popular with people. Becoming a criminal is a lifestyle choice and with it comes the hazards of getting it wrong.

Since this thread has moved off the original topic I'll not respond further, I've been admonished by too many moderators across the internet for speaking my mind.

jenkinsbrynmair;619842 said:
Of course - great innit, haven't paid a penny NI or tax in my life, thankyou English taxpayers
About time you did! instead of becoming a leach on the backside of humanity. (the imagery is not nice here :))
Anyway I thought you entered a career in the customs service voluntarily, press-ganging was outlawed decades ago.
The Welsh, dramatic. I should coco.

ShinySideUp;619758 said:
I it looks like someone has managed to pull the wool over someones eyes in the Welsh Assembly by putting the words 'Education Centre' before 'Honey Farm' thereby perhaps qualifying for a grant..

That looks very like an allegation of fraud to me.
But there's no point in debating with someone in denial of the FACT that social circumstance is the biggest factor in criminality. After all if there's 1 exception who would believe a century of studies proving a connection known since Aristotle first said "poverty is the parent of crime"

Cheers;619853 said:
Methinks this SDM complains too much... Beef of course just like controversy!

Let's not try and kid anyone that you think.

ShinySideUp;619855 said:
Then stop bleating about how life is crap and go get a job.

Yes dear.

Latest posts

Back