Mobile honey extracting line for Anglesey beekeeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Erichalfbee;619746 said:
I am appalled if it’s true. What the devil is the Welsh Assembly doing wasting money like this on a private enterprise

Probably filed under business grants.

It's a great idea....an instant park in your driveway, no planning permission required, Honey extraction facility instantly on site.
Perhaps a bit overkill expense wise but you need dreams!

jenkinsbrynmair;619744 said:
well it wasn't true two weeks ago, and anything from that source I would take with a big pinch of salt.

Careful of your sodium levels, you've been wrong so many times you need to cut back on salt.

SDM;619752 said:
Careful of your sodium levels, you've been wrong so many times you need to cut back on salt.

Let JBM alone... he is an old salt himself... and apparently was a dab hand at a bacon sarnie for those on watch to boot!!!

I just looked at the website, which is .com not .co.uk as mentioned above. and it looks like someone has managed to pull the wool over someones eyes in the Welsh Assembly by putting the words 'Education Centre' before 'Honey Farm' thereby perhaps qualifying for a grant. I can't see something like that being any use outside the USA where everything is bigger (apparently), it's certainly looking like a big white elephant in Angelsey. It must cost a fortune, I can't see it being less than eighty grand a pop as they are hardly mass-produced.

ShinySideUp;619758 said:
I can't see it being less than eighty grand a pop as they are hardly mass-produced.

So whats a few grand between friends.....Don't you just want one parked in your own front/back drive? Your own private honey extraction suite. And, with slight modification, bottling unit.
Green Gods are with me at the moment.
OTT. YEAH!

Cheers;619764 said:
Saving grace is the lady says she is using native bees...
:offtopic:
So why she want one of those things then?....yearly extraction all done and dusted in 10 minutes. Its apparatus like that, us Buckfast keepers need.

Well I think that the whole thing is wonderful, I would never need one for four hives but good on them. If people are giving grants then go for it. It amazes me how easy it is to get a lottery grant for the right reason.
Being bothered to ask for a grant is to much for some
E

Wonder how they stop the robbing frenzy if it's in the same place for any length of time?

ShinySideUp;619758 said:
. and it looks like someone has managed to pull the wool over someones eyes in the Welsh Assembly by putting the words 'Education Centre' before 'Honey Farm' thereby perhaps qualifying for a grant. .

Now how exactly.do you come to that conclusion.
Is it the kids with PTSD that she teaches, perhaps it's the inmate training she set up with Wrexham prison( where I doubt any of the mouths on here would have the balls to show their faces), or was it just the regular Beekeeping course she runs.
Please, do tell .

Cheers;619764 said:
Saving grace is the lady says she is using native bees... native to where is not really gone into!!

I see a native extraction line...........

I'm going to convert my caravan, will be just the same once finished.... :D

SDM;619774 said:
Now how exactly.do you come to that conclusion.
Is it the kids with PTSD that she teaches, perhaps it's the inmate training she set up with Wrexham prison( where I doubt any of the mouths on here would have the balls to show their faces), or was it just the regular Beekeeping course she runs.
Please, do tell .

Indeed, perhaps whomsoever has managed to get the rest of us to pay for their enterprise has amazing intentions regarding less-fortunate members of society but that doesn't necessarily justify the huge cost of what can only be described as a flight-of-fancy. Twenty years ago I had to borrow money to pay for an angioplasty to save my life because the NHS waiting list was so long I was probably going to die waiting -- it cost eight thousand pounds -- so you'll forgive me for feeling a little bit put out when good money is provided for something that could be done in set of sheds placed in appropriate places for a fraction of the price paid for this monstrosity with almost no running costs.

At risk of being very controversial I might add that if the inmates of Wrexham prison had had a little more forethought they would not be in that position to start with.

Ahh, you think it's lack of forethought that sees people grow up in poverty, with absent/abusive parents in areas of high drug and drink use. If only everyone knew how to do simply eradicate crime.
Money was not taken from the NHS for this it came from funding set aside for enterprise. If you have a problem with that, vote accordingly next election.
I'm far more interested in your allegations that some deception was used to obtain funding

Latest posts

Back