Member of Public stung by our bees.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like they are too close to the property, never mind the hedge.

Th OP said "The hives are situated next to some solar panels in a field, screened from the owners house by a hedge."

Now that doesn't sound too close to me. You may disagree...

The hedge is the garden boundary? Hives other side turn snotty and sting someone in the garden. Yes, too close by far.

Don't worry about it. You weren't negligent.

And if you had been, damages for a few bee stings, with no serious medical sequelae, would be minimal. The case would be allocated to the Small Claims Track. Win or lose, neither party would recover their costs. "Mrs Smith, I've been able to recover £350 for your pain and suffering. Here's my bill for £1,800 + VAT".

The bees are situated where the home owners asked us to put them. SWMBO would prefer to have them elsewhere on the farm because the field you walk through to get to them goes past the house and she feels like she is intruding upon their privacy if she goes there at the weekend.

The home owners are really great people and approached us about putting the bees there in the first place. They have planted a field with wild flowers that has to be cut late this year, so maybe next year the bees could go there, however I think they LIKE having the bees where they are.

Forgot to add, the hedge is there so they can't see the solar panels from the conservatory.

Last edited:
That would make no difference as the bees already received the death penalty and where executed on site.. :rolleyes: , as for the woman who got stung she should be thanking the bee keeper, she now knows she can get stung without keeling over.

DNA analyses on sting to give a match to DNA in honeybee colony... not mere fingerprinting but real time SNPs***... Science is wonderful!

Single Nucleotide Pollymorphisms... EXACT DNA match... like to see even the slickest Barrister argue a case against that!

Yeghes da

Swarm, read the rest of their location and calm down.

You have honey!!!?
:cuss:

I'll be lucky to get 40 lbs. From 3 hives! :(

So far 57 pounds from 8 hives.. Pathetic. But I cannot control the weather..and we are at 165 meters above sealevel so the impact of rain is worse because the Moor above us as nearly 300 meters so attracts rain..

Latest posts

Back