Mead

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have a lovely still made from a couple of stainless steel buckets welded together and a stainless pipe full of rasher rings for the condenser, the alcohol was vicious with a greasy film that needed filtering through a carbon filter before drinking.
Eventually after a number of years the alcohol ate through the cheap stainless steal buckets and I never got round to replacing them. Happy days though.
You're lucky it didn't eat through you!

re @pargyle's reference to the law, let's not forget that giving legally made homebrew away to be drank elsewhere is also illegal.

You're lucky it didn't eat through you!
No luck involved.
I was always careful to discard the wood alcohol that came off first and to stop once all the ethanol had come through, plus the carbon filter took away anything that might rot my insides.

So am down to the last bottle, am not happy🥲DAA32F76-8AEE-4EB6-9C34-A9FA372FCEB6.jpeg

So am down to the last bottle, am not happy🥲View attachment 29754
I've done pretty well this year. Managed to reduce my Islay malt stock down to four, still got two or three Springbanks in reserve as well as half a dozen Penderyn malts. Then all the rest are (as SWMBO would say) a case ofcooking malts like Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, Glenmorangie and the likes which people have given me as gifts over the years.
Also got a few nice Irish ones tucked away 😁

Latest posts

Back