mann lake manners

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

td4bees

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
50+
just off the phone to mann lake. what an ignorant person when I pointed out that their item was dearer than my current supplier. (that s all right then you don't have to come to us you can stay with you re current supplier. ) so I thanked her for her forthrightness or ignorance which ever she preferred to call it. b### hell I thought I was bad at business!!!.

I too ring people up to tell them I'm not buying stuff from them.

I don't see how that response to a potential customer was in any way a good one. Now I can see why the person might think it but saying it is another thing.
How else did he expect them to respond? Well sell your product, take the challenge, there must be sales people all over the country would rub their hands and get stuck in to that one.
Then again the person could have had a bad day, or they could be fed up trying to match regular prices to other peoples sale prices, you never know

Last edited:
Just as a matter of interest, what and by how much to much was it?

This thread reminds me of an old joke about the woman who went into a butcher's shop and asked for a pound of tripe. "That'll be £2.00" says the butcher. "But in the butcher's down the road, it's only £1.70 a pound" says she. "Why don't you buy it there? asks the butcher. "He hasn't got any" says the customer. "Well," says the butcher "when I haven't got any, I only charge £1.50 a pound"

Maybe the salesman from Mann Lake used to be a butcher!

CVB

Did you know before you phoned that they were more expensive?

I tell my car insurance companies that I can get it cheaper elsewhere but that after they have contacted me.

I have always found it a good idea to try to be pleasant with those selling you things as it tends to improve the service (even tho' I may think that they are expensive).
I only get narked when they obviously lie or try to fleece me.. (car dealers mainly and that nice woman who rings up to tell me I have a Windows problem..)

How do you all know the original poster was not polite? He may have expressed himself very politely. And I do not think that expressing something is cheaper elsewhere (in polite terms) is in itself in-polite. It is how you get the best deals and many businesses would be glad to price match to keep your custom.

Being pleasant and trying to be accommodating doesn't cost anything, that's just good business practice.

Customers are the ones keeping these businesses afloat and paying the wages.
No customers, no business or jobs for those that work in them, simples !!

If a customer wants to buy a product, surely it's better to retain that customer and give them a good experience rather than push them away to a competitor.

Been tempted a time or two to tell people to go and buy Txxco honey when they tell me its £1/pound and moan at the cost of ours. Being a very polite person I try to explain the difference but fume inside!!
S

Been tempted a time or two to tell people to go and buy Txxco honey when they tell me its £1/pound and moan at the cost of ours. Being a very polite person I try to explain the difference but fume inside!!
S
I just tell them if they like eating syrup which tastes slightly like honey but more like sh!t and has no provenance and could come from China then carry on, but if they want proper honey, then pay the price I ask

I just tell them if they like eating syrup which tastes slightly like honey but more like sh!t and has no provenance and could come from China then carry on, but if they want proper honey, then pay the price I ask

Embarrassingly my mother would be in to cheap everything and actually phoned me to tell me Tscos were doing honey at a pound.
I watched More than Honey the other night and one of the big US operations was using a lot of anti-biotics in his feed, so not just China that has "flavoursome" honey!

"I don't see how that response to a potential customer was in any way a good one"

but you weren't a potential customer unless you were happy to pay more.

Latest posts

Back