Manchester and Bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt realise that the link had been made that far back.

I first heard of it in the 90's.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDvJapTZDtg[/ame] - 92k

Wigan is famaed from afar !!!

John Wilkinson

Awww....lovely city.

I'm Manc born and get there about twice a week for business/pleasure!!

No they eat patties:cheers2: Pollen that is!!
Wiganers have ceased the practice of Clog Feiyttin .:blush5:
They do it for real now :laughing-smiley-014:laughing-smiley-014:laughing-smiley-014

John Wilkinson

Funny after reading your finding it got me thinking and low and behold the high school i went to had a bee in its logo the old Ducie high school on Demark road/lower school and the high school on Lloyds Street Lol:party:
Happy Days

I am told the cathedral has bees carved into something too.

Apparently, they form the points of a six-pointed star. At it's centre is buried the holy skep.

The holy skep? lol, didn't know there was one. I am taking the kids around manchester next week and I intend to give them points for each bee carving, symbol or picture they spot. Don't know what the winner will get as yet......maybe a holy skep ;)

Funny after reading your finding it got me thinking and low and behold the high school i went to had a bee in its logo the old Ducie high school on Demark road/lower school and the high school on Lloyds Street Lol:party:
Happy Days

Maybe that's where your interest began hey? Subconsiously imprinted in your mind. :p

PS That's where my lad goes now.....now it's the Academy.

Latest posts

Back