looking to get in to beekeeping!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennyf

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello, I am due to move in to a small holding in 6 weeks, we will have a acre of land and I thought it would be great and very interesting to have bee's on the land, what should I consider when looking to keep bee's?

get in touch/join your local association they will help you and probably invite you to an apiary day to see if bees are for you, they will probably hold a beginners course next winter to get you ready and probably help with getting bees when the time comes:)

Google "natural beekeeping" or "top bar hives" and follow your nose......... ideal for smallholders, cheap and easy!

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of beekeeping, there are plenty of threads here to get started and lots of very experienced beekeepers to help you along your journey but start off reading a book and then decide if it is for you, if so join a local beekeeping association and attend a beginners course.

Good luck

What Jenkinsbrynmair said is usually the best first move.

there is a Ripon and Harrogate assoc, or Ryedale or Malton all near to yourself, google yorkshire beekeepers association for the regional contact, who could help, i am in the malton Assoc but thats maybe too far for you to travel. any horses close by?

Latest posts

Back